The things customers say or do...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There was a note on the door today (a package that had an adult signature required sticker on it) It said UPS person I will be home anytime after 8:30 tonight.!..My reply to the note was...So will I..

Had one on a customer door that said "you better accept this 61 year old mans signature for the wine. I stayed home all day until 8 pm. I couldn't wait any longer." I wrote back should of stayed til 8:30 sorry.

OptimusPrime

Some packages on my peak route. Label says "only deliver after 3pm". Pssshhh. I roll through this neighborhood about 10:30am. Not gonna happen.

Hroller

Supe is riding along.....we have a small package to deliver to a car dealership. 5 salesmen are talking amongst themeselves.....one of the funny guys in the bunch says to us:
"It' takes TWO of you to deliver that small package?" Group laughs.
Supe replies "I see there are five of you guys....are you expecting a big rush of people coming in to buy cars?"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Supe is riding along.....we have a small package to deliver to a car dealership. 5 salesmen are talking amongst themeselves.....one of the funny guys in the bunch says to us:
"It' takes TWO of you to deliver that small package?" Group laughs.
Supe replies "I see there are five of you guys....are you expecting a big rush of people coming in to buy cars?"
Way to stick it to them !!!

STFXG

Had a physical therapist tell me he couldn't sign my scanner because that's a secretaries job. I coded it to be held a week until his secretary was back from vacation. I guess his ten seconds was more important than his patients back brace... Some people!

rod

Retired 22 years
Do you know my cousin ( fill in the blank ) he used to work at UPS in L.A back in 92 !! (3000 miles away
)

Yah I think I knew him !!

At least once a week it seemed I would run into someone who's brother-in-law or uncle was a "Big Wig" at UPS somewhere. I always told them that the next time they ran into uncle "Big Wig" tell them you met the guy who made it possible for them to sit on their butt and pick their nose.

Macaveli

As I'm walking a resi a neighbor yells " hey, hey you!" I ignore( not a horse) . As I enter my pc lady is waiting and says " hey I was calling you, there are some illegals living around the corner what number or who do I call?" I said I don't know, why would know ? She replies " oh your one of them!" I yell " yep I'm illegal!"

Ms.PacMan

As I'm walking a resi a neighbor yells " hey, hey you!" I ignore( not a horse) . As I enter my pc lady is waiting and says " hey I was calling you, there are some illegals living around the corner what number or who do I call?" I said I don't know, why would know ? She replies " oh your one of them!" I yell " yep I'm illegal!"
OMG!

jg78

Dead of winter with an Alberta Clipper rolling through. Visibility 100' and every school in a 50 mile radius is closed. Customer asks "How are the roads?"

Hroller

Had a physical therapist tell me he couldn't sign my scanner because that's a secretaries job. I coded it to be held a week until his secretary was back from vacation. I guess his ten seconds was more important than his patients back brace... Some people!

Could have been a union thing.

barnyard

KTM rider
Customer tries to hand me a package. Me, "Can't take it, not a UPS package."

Dude, "Then whose is it."

Me, "Well, let's see if the label offers any clues."

Dude, "Eff off, you don't have to be smart about it."

Me, "Well Ok then, figure it out on your own."

It was a PO package, we were across the street from the PO and the dude got in his car and sped off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Customer tries to hand me a package. Me, "Can't take it, not a UPS package."

Dude, "Then whose is it."

Me, "Well, let's see if the label offers any clues."

Dude, "Eff off, you don't have to be smart about it."

Me, "Well Ok then, figure it out on your own."

It was a PO package, we were across the street from the PO and the dude got in his car and sped off.

I have both a UPS Store and MBE on my area. I have found it is much easier to just take the packages, throw in the back and then drop them off at one or the other based on carrier. I have also dropped off Express letters that I find in one of my dropboxes at the FedEx depot on my way back to the center. Why screw the customer for being a maroon?

Brownslave688

Had an ex postal employee hand me a package that had a USPS return label on it. I was going to the post office later that day so I just took it. Me and the postmaster both got a good laugh out of it though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had an ex postal employee hand me a package that had a USPS return label on it. I was going to the post office later that day so I just took it. Me and the postmaster both got a good laugh out of it though.

I live in a condo complex with a centralized mailbox. The snowplow driver decided he didn't like the mailbox and knocked it off it's mounting so we all have to go the Post Office to pick up our mail. I go there in uniform which usually makes for a few good comments.

BTW, they hate Sure/Smartpost as much as we do.

Brownslave688

I live in a condo complex with a centralized mailbox. The snowplow driver decided he didn't like the mailbox and knocked it off it's mounting so we all have to go the Post Office to pick up our mail. I go there in uniform which usually makes for a few good comments.

BTW, they hate Sure/Smartpost as much as we do.

Possibly more. Their vehicles just aren't meant for a bunch of packages. The downfall will likely be that it gets to be too much for the post office to handle.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Possibly more. Their vehicles just aren't meant for a bunch of packages. The downfall will likely be that it gets to be too much for the post office to handle.

When I was in there the other day there was a customer who walked out with 4 SurePost packages, all of which had been delivered by us that morning. I happened to be next in line which is why the clerk and I discussed Surepost. As you say they are just not set up for it. I guess the good thing is that we are starting to get back some of that volume.

Brownslave688

Yes but our surepost is tiny compared to FedEx smart post or whatever it is. The most I delivered this peak to my post office was 6 bags. FedEx delivered 22 one day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had this happen to me yesterday:

I was delivering to an apt complex. On my way back to the pkg car I hear a woman say "Excuse me, sir". "How can I help you?" "Yes, can you take this FedEx pkg for me?" I point to the logo on my jacket. She then says "Yeah, I know that you are UPS, but can you take my FedEx pkg?" She was an older lady and I do drive by several FedEx drop boxes so I thought I would go ahead and do the right thing so I went to take the package from her. I noticed that it had been opened and that she had made a poor attempt to reseal it. I asked her if she had opened it and she said yes. I then explained to her the process involved in returned an opened package, turned and headed to the pkg car, kicking myself for having felt sorry for her and for trying to do the right thing.