The time has come

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownslave688, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

For an informal poll.... Who here thinks its time to add a minimum post count for anyone wanting to start a new thread? I know barnyard and I are on the same page how do the rest of you feel?
  2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Another thread about helpers......damn.
  3. Ideliver

Ideliver New Member

get over it will ya and jus have some funs it.
  4. jaker

jaker trolling

Hi my name is dick , my driver told me to put my name on my pants , so when we take them off I know which ones are mine

By the way is it right for my driver to run me to death walking pkg's to the front door and back , while he sits in the truck fixing the loaders mess and lining up our next stops

Also do you think ups will hire me after the first I am a hard worker and I think I can help out a lot by going into management
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Ideliver

Ideliver New Member

I was told the same lies by HR. Work hard and show up each day and your drivers recommendation WILL get you a job after peak. i think we been bamboozled!
  6. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Every time a person walks into the Customer Counter who is lost & looking for the HR office , as they walk away I always state, " come 5 years he/she'll will be my next Center Manager ".
  7. TechGrrl

TechGrrl Space Cadet

Why? I skip over reading some of the same ol' same ol' from some of the old timers who keep beating the same dead horsies...skipping over the newbies is no big deal.
  8. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

My thoughts exactly!
  9. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

A better filter would be one to block new threads about blocking threads.
  10. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

If I ignored the posts of tired old timers I wouldn't be typing this sentence.
  11. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

I think all posts should be heavily moderated. If the person does not talk about UPS, how hard their job is, how IE is bad, etc., the post is not allowed. I hope this helps.
  12. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

Time may be better spent blocking posts about blocking new threads about blocking threads.
  13. TechGrrl

TechGrrl Space Cadet

How meta we have become...
  14. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

15. GillEagan

GillEagan I always look 10 years younger than I am.

I have a better idea. How about making a section just for seasonals to post in?
  16. GillEagan

GillEagan I always look 10 years younger than I am.

Non of the drivers I have worked with have done that. They walk packages almost as much as I do. Also I am back there at times helping with the loader's mess.
  17. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Great idea! @cheryl
  18. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

You're talking about people who didn't even think of asking their supervisors or go in the new hire thread. I don't think it will matter.
  19. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

An ask dave section
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

If we had a minimum post count before we could start a new thread, then we might get a lot of "hi", "good morning", and crap like that just to get up to the limit.