The Time Is Right For A National Sick Day

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But like Hypo said, by doing it on the 23rd, you're letting FedEx off the hook. It just gives them a scapegoat to blame, for all the people who don't get their package by Christmas, when we all know the real reason.

And people being the way they are, will side with the company and blame us employees even though we all know better and they don't see the mess this company is.

They would try, but one day doesn't screw the pooch. If anything, the media would want to know why we decided to go out sick.

dezguy

They would try, but one day doesn't screw the pooch. If anything, the media would want to know why we decided to go out sick.
How many times do you see a place go out on strike and most reaction is "those greedy people"? I see it all the time and it boggles my mind. I have no doubt that if there were a national sick out, the company would spin it so that the holiday season failure was the couriers fault and people would believe them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How many times do you see a place go out on strike and most reaction is "those greedy people"? I see it all the time and it boggles my mind. I have no doubt that if there were a national sick out, the company would spin it so that the holiday season failure was the couriers fault and people would believe them.

It wouldn't be a hard sell.

CJinx

Take a look at the other service industry employees that try to utilize the media as leverage against their employers; McDonald's, Walmart, etc. They do not get treated well by the consumer or their employer.

FdxOpsMgr

National service disruption and no pay for your sick day...Now we wouldn't want that would we? Be thankful for your job. Or make yourself more marketable for another line of work.

fedupped

National service disruption and no pay for your sick day...Now we wouldn't want that would we? Be thankful for your job. Or make yourself more marketable for another line of work.
The FO drivers have a hard time doing 15 stops. "hey, with DRA we will be having housewives and college students doing your jobs!!!" Rightttt? :censored2:off useless sit in the station guy. The bottom line is most stations have 1-2 mgrs telling us how many people we have and then the couriers create and dispatch the stops. But,..if you want my keys..I'm feeling a cough coming on....

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Keep posting buddy. The teamsters telephones ring every time management like you post on bc.
Your part of the reason that unions exist. Keep it up, we need Fed Ex unionized.

FdxOpsMgr

The FO drivers have a hard time doing 15 stops. "hey, with DRA we will be having housewives and college students doing your jobs!!!" Rightttt? :censored2:off useless sit in the station guy. The bottom line is most stations have 1-2 mgrs telling us how many people we have and then the couriers create and dispatch the stops. But,..if you want my keys..I'm feeling a cough coming on....

A high schooler could straight line during service disruption. I'll be sitting at my desk laughing my ass off with a bottle of Remy Martin. Meanwhile, you get no hours. :)

Reattempt tomorrow

A high schooler could straight line during service disruption. I'll be sitting at my desk laughing my ass off with a bottle of Remy Martin. Meanwhile, you get no hours. :)
It's a good thing Ops managers don't make any decisions on their own. Sounds like you'd be looking for high school kids if you actually made decisions yourself. I'll also be laughing my ass off when I call in sick. And guess what?? Not a damn thing you or your fellow managers can do about it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

This is a parody, right? If you're serious, get yourself into detox right away, because you have serious issues.

Dex01

Banned
Just like the company, seriously making a fool of itself.

Have you noticed that his posts, whether made under fdxopsmgr or superhandler, all have the subtext "please ask me about my parents divorce"? Somebody should just ask the poor lad about the demise of his parent's relationship, and just get it over with.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
A high schooler? That's a laugh.

By the way I see your prone to getting wasted on company time, what a model ops manager. I hate to tell you this but if you get too many sick calls, your ass will be on the line after you've gone out and done a full days worth of deliveries and maybe pickups while the work in your office festers and the district manager calls you to find out what the hell you did to piss people off. It wont be a pretty sight for you.

Merry Christmas.