The tree(s)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Nov 30, 2014.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Delivering on Friday I saw a ton of people already had their Christmas stuff up so I said screw it and went out and cut down a tree & put it up and put the lights up on the big one outside a little early this year. Have you done yours yet or are you more of a December 24th kinda person?

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. idrivethetruck

idrivethetruck Slow & steady wins the race.

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to diagnose the problem with several strings of lights on our pre-lit tree. I've got all but one strand working now and this last one is driving me to drink! I'm about ready to drag this :censored2: to the street and set fire to it!!

3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Wife and daughter-in-law went to tag their's last week. I'll probably go to have them cut and bring them home late this week (hoping it gets warm enough to melt the snow off them).

Mine will most likely sit on the porch for a day or so.

4. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Nice job decorating that tree!
    We usually wait until 2 weeks before Christmas to pick up a tree, otherwise it dries out too fast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

After I strung the lights up on the big tree outside it was fine, then the bottom string blew out which made them all go out. Fortunately just swapping out the bottom string fixed it. 100 bulbs is only $2.99 at target right now, $8.99 for 300 bulbs.

6. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

We put our tree up Christmas Eve and then Santa decorates it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Yeah it was a pain in the butt picking out the right one with the snow on them. It made good trees look like they had big gaps.

8. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Thanks, we've had a problem with them drying out early too, but found that Balsam Firs seem to last well if you keep plenty of water in the stand.

9. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

Outside lights went up today, tree goes up next weekend

10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

They got them tagged before the snow here.

Should be good.

11. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

We always get a balsam fir, but buy it pre cut, so it's been drying out for a few weeks, anyway. Maybe I can convince my wife to go with us & cut one down this year...she's not much for Christmas :-(

12. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Mine is always done the Saturday following Black Friday.

Kids enjoy decorating the tree, the wife enjoys decorating the inside of the house, and for one day a year I get to enjoy the third manliest hobby of mine - setting up the model trains. :winks:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Richard. Thanks for reminding me. I my go to the attic and set up my childhood electric train around the tree

14. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

I have a replica of the Polar Express I set up under the tree.

15. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Gimme the number on the locomotive and I'll make an offer to buy the set off you. I need them all. He who dies with the most trains wins lol.

16. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

17. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

image.jpg
    I heard a big crash. Oops. So far, despite the number of glass ornaments on the tree, nothing broken.

18. 3 done 3 to go

Its an old 8473 Lionel. Coca cola series

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I put a wreath on my front door.

20. 3 done 3 to go

Wow! It was 1974. I was 7 when my parents got it for me