The tree(s)

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Delivering on Friday I saw a ton of people already had their Christmas stuff up so I said screw it and went out and cut down a tree & put it up and put the lights up on the big one outside a little early this year. Have you done yours yet or are you more of a December 24th kinda person?

2yvjb4y.jpg
54en0i.jpg

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I've spent the last 3 hours trying to diagnose the problem with several strings of lights on our pre-lit tree. I've got all but one strand working now and this last one is driving me to drink! I'm about ready to drag this :censored2: to the street and set fire to it!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Wife and daughter-in-law went to tag their's last week. I'll probably go to have them cut and bring them home late this week (hoping it gets warm enough to melt the snow off them).

Mine will most likely sit on the porch for a day or so.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Nice job decorating that tree!
We usually wait until 2 weeks before Christmas to pick up a tree, otherwise it dries out too fast.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've spent the last 3 hours trying to diagnose the problem with several strings of lights on our pre-lit tree. I've got all but one strand working now and this last one is driving me to drink! I'm about ready to drag this :censored2: to the street and set fire to it!!
After I strung the lights up on the big tree outside it was fine, then the bottom string blew out which made them all go out. Fortunately just swapping out the bottom string fixed it. 100 bulbs is only $2.99 at target right now, $8.99 for 300 bulbs.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wife and daughter-in-law went to tag their's last week. I'll probably go to have them cut and bring them home late this week (hoping it gets warm enough to melt the snow off them).

Mine will most likely sit on the porch for a day or so.
Yeah it was a pain in the butt picking out the right one with the snow on them. It made good trees look like they had big gaps.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Nice job decorating that tree!
We usually wait until 2 weeks before Christmas to pick up a tree, otherwise it dries out too fast.

Thanks, we've had a problem with them drying out early too, but found that Balsam Firs seem to last well if you keep plenty of water in the stand.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Thanks, we've had a problem with them drying out early too, but found that Balsam Firs seem to last well if you keep plenty of water in the stand.
We always get a balsam fir, but buy it pre cut, so it's been drying out for a few weeks, anyway. Maybe I can convince my wife to go with us & cut one down this year...she's not much for Christmas :-(

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Mine is always done the Saturday following Black Friday.

Kids enjoy decorating the tree, the wife enjoys decorating the inside of the house, and for one day a year I get to enjoy the third manliest hobby of mine - setting up the model trains. :winks: