The tree(s)

brown bomber

brown bomber
View attachment 20884
I heard a big crash. Oops. So far, despite the number of glass ornaments on the tree, nothing broken.
I have cats,..and they climb into tho trees,..haven't put up a big tree in years,..we have alot of expensive ornaments, that have been collected over the past 30 yrs,...I'd rather wait to give them to my daughters than risk damage to them,..in the mean time, I put up the Santa collection, on top of book shelves, and throughout the house

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I had real trees for all but the last 3 yrs. It is much easier. No messes. No watering. I'm Sold on fake now

I'm the opposite. First eight years in the house we had fake trees. I hated them. They never went back in the box the right way, it was a pain in the ass bringing them upstairs and I have a walk-up attic. We've always had animals so my wife was leery on buying real.

Finally about 3 years ago I said screw it and bought real. We've gone without incident thus far even though IDGAF if the dog or cat choke on pine needles - I like the convenience of being able to strip the lights off and toss it to the curb every December 26th.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My route has numerous Christmas tree farms on it, so I spend most of the year scoping them out and picking which trees are my favorites. I like the fact that I get to watch our tree grow throughout the year. Then my wife and I head out a couple weekends before Christmas and cut one fresh. We have a woodstove in the living room so any earlier than that and the tree will be brown and dead by Christmas Eve. It is considered a bonus if the weekends and the weather cooperate so that we can cut one down in the snow.

Future

Victory Ride
RedneckChristmasTree.jpg
RedneckChristmasTree.jpg
Had to go low budget on the tree tis year!

brostalss

Artificial tree went up last weekend. I put it up (all of about 10 mins) and the Wife decorates. Two strands of lights outside and I'm done.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When the kids were younger, we used to go to a tree farm and cut our own. Make a day of it. Pack a lunch, ride a tractor flatbed around the farm. They had a petting zoo. Picnic area, etc. Now that the kids are older, we bought a pretty nice artificial tree on clearance a couple of years ago. It is actually in 3 pieces and pretty heavy. The limbs fold down. Wife used to make a village of the collectable glass houses, covering the top of a regulation size pool table. We hardly do this anymore, tho.

oldupsman

When the kids were younger, we used to go to a tree farm and cut our own. Make a day of it. Pack a lunch, ride a tractor flatbed around the farm. They had a petting zoo. Picnic area, etc. Now that the kids are older, we bought a pretty nice artificial tree on clearance a couple of years ago. It is actually in 3 pieces and pretty heavy. The limbs fold down. Wife used to make a village of the collectable glass houses, covering the top of a regulation size pool table. We hardly do this anymore, tho.

We don't go near all out anymore either. That's because Christmas is for kids.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have a dr apt in about an hour, and I start therapy the next couple of days. I'm gaining strength every day. Using a cane today, but hope to shed that soon. Thank you for asking, BB58.:happy:
Glad to hear it...stay well. And mail me a Sonic shake the next time you go...there's no Sonic by me...dammit! ;)

nayrsiem

We always decorated the day after thanksgiving. We have a nice artificial tree in the finished basement and a real one on the main level. We went nuts this year and bought a second real tree for our screen room on the back of the house. We will see how that fairs being outside.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have a dr apt in about an hour, and I start therapy the next couple of days. I'm gaining strength every day. Using a cane today, but hope to shed that soon. Thank you for asking, BB58.:happy:
Keep positive and push yourself. Getting better isn't easy but you have a bunch of people pulling for you. You can do it. Not only are you a UPS'er you're a Texan.