The Truth !

M

Mike hunt

I think it is imperative that our National negotiators as well as all panel members, state, region and national understand the jobs in which they are ruling on. In fact, some negotiators and panel members have never even worked at UPS. I would like the aforementioned to take an interest in learning the job and staying up with the changes. In order to be effective I would think that is what anyone would do in their positions.
It sure would be nice if those people making those decisions were UPS Teamsters.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What's your per diem?

Everything allowed by the IBT constitution, and my Locals Bylaws.

Sam, can explain it. :biggrin:

Send me your monthly dues and I will explain it to you.

Remember that nonsense?

You do pay dues to the union, don't you?

In my Local, elected officials pay the same.... as the highest (dues paying) member.

What do you think airline pilots, pay in dues ?

If you don't know....

I will tell you.

It's more than UPS employees.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Everything allowed by the IBT constitution, and my Locals Bylaws.

Sam, can explain it. :biggrin:

Sam will never be able to adequately "explain" what he has done.

In my Local, elected officials pay the same.... as the highest (dues paying) member.

What do you think airline pilots, pay in dues ?

If you don't know....

I will tell you.

It's more than UPS employees.

-Bug-
I know all of that, as I'm sure you suspected.

All that aside, are you going to send me your dues, so I can explain to you what I meant?
Isn't that how it works?

10 point

Yes we did. But I'll bet you a donut Hoffa didn't "negotiate" one word in the National Master.
But...
there's a reason a CEO would say "We're glad to have Jr. as GP because he's more of a businessman (than the former GP)".
There's direction purveyed in the GP's position and it was evident the company did not like the leadership power that Carey had and used to mobilize members to fight abusive work place issues.
The company knew (and witnessed) how UPS workers identified with this GP who knew the job, worked it and grew up in a family that lived it.

The captain of the ship doesn't have to personally steer it to direct it's course.

10 point

Viewing the results of the last CBA with UPS I would venture to say that the possibility of RTW becoming wide spread across this country and throughout the areas where the Teamsters represent workers has got to be the most frightening issue for the union.

That's just my overview but it is also tied to how you view your local representation.

2016 is going to be the pivot point for years to come with so many elections that will impact unions for better or for worse.
It is showtime. The games will be exposed. People better vote.