The ultimate package car

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The ultimate package car would have a 6" hole in the floor of the package compartment, covered with a hinged flap. If you have to pee, just close the door, lift the flap and aim. Proper positioning of the hole could even allow the driver to face shelf 1 and sort packages while peeing for the ultimate in efficient multitasking.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The ultimate package car would have a 6" hole in the floor of the package compartment, covered with a hinged flap. If you have to pee, just close the door, lift the flap and aim. Proper positioning of the hole could even allow the driver to face shelf 1 and sort packages while peeing for the ultimate in efficient multitasking.
Or sort the floor for some of us. LOL

helenofcalifornia

Been said before in that previous thread, but a "clapper" type device on the DIAD board. You put the darn thing down in a very full truck and can't find it again.

The new trucks have this blind spot on them. When you are trying to look down at the speedometer to see how fast you are going, all you see is the steering wheel.

Maybe some sort of storage for you stuff in the cab other than the old DIAD slot.

Big Babooba

Been said before in that previous thread, but a "clapper" type device on the DIAD board. You put the darn thing down in a very full truck and can't find it again.

The new trucks have this blind spot on them. When you are trying to look down at the speedometer to see how fast you are going, all you see is the steering wheel.

Maybe some sort of storage for you stuff in the cab other than the old DIAD slot.
The old P400s from the 50's and 60's had an storage console above the windshield.

You guys make a great time--some would even go so far as to say "husband and wife".

Well, thank you UpState, I do try to "make a great time" for myself when I can, I guess Dilli does too.
And unless you are adding your name to the list of people that think Dilli and I are somehow closer linked than this message board there are no others, just one.

City Driver

How about replacing the diamond plate steps with something else? I think those steps are a trap, so to speak, lol. If it's raining you have to be extremely careful getting in and out of the car. That area is so slick. I had a skateboard shop on my old route, and he had some gritty like sheets that they put on the tops of skateboards. I got some from him, cut it and applied to steps. What a big difference.

yea i know what you are talking about, they use that kind of material on yard jockey trucks because the drivers are stepping on and off the platform constantly

it makes a huge difference, very good grip for your feet even when its wet

dragracer66

From a mechanic stand point, I say NO!!! to key fobs. Thats just another thing you guys or gals will loose or will lock in the back of the truck. Its bad enough to change a switch or drill out a bulkhead lock on the road. How would you bypass the fob? I say thanks but no thanks to this one. I do agree that you guys should have a/c though I don't know how you do it in the summer. And I think you should have radio hookups in all trucks so you can hook up a radio instead of tapping into the battery or the wiper switch wires. And for drivers who drive far to there first stop cruise control would be nice also. Its not even a big deal to install its all ecm controlled nowadays. And for the fantasy world, power rear door openers just like the ones we have at home!!!!

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
i guess if you think about it, the whole keyless/ fob thing seems crazy huh. dunno. all i know is that for about 360 times a day i stick that little key in the ignition and turn it. no biggie right. then when i come to a stop i have to usually just feel for the different key and use it for the bulkhead door. keys get old, used, and abused, and sometimes they don't wanna work. grease em up with wd40 and keep going. could it possibly save ALOT of time, probably not. little wear and tear on our hands, and the package car, Yes. every driver knows what it's like when it's freezing outside, and you turn the key and it gets stuck, ouch. feels like you just ripped your fingers off.

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
I do agree that you guys should have a/c though I don't know how you do it in the summer. !

is it cost effective to put in ac? i'm assuming no. drivers blaring it all day, full blast, both doors open? i have to have both open in resi areas. would they be breaking down all the time? figured it would just cost too much money to constantly be working/fixing them.

helenofcalifornia

Let me put this into the "pet peeve" column. When the mechanic puts WD40 in the lock of the bulkhead door, and then I am wiping that key off after every time I open the door the rest of the day because of the oil draining from it. (Small, small peeve)

A real mechanic would never use WD-40 on a lock, that insures the lock will soon fail again and again. Wet lubricants should never be use on anything with very close clearance tolerances, the lube attracts dirt like a magnet. bad bad bad.

diesel96

Let me put this into the "pet peeve" column. When the mechanic puts WD40 in the lock of the bulkhead door, and then I am wiping that key off after every time I open the door the rest of the day because of the oil draining from it. (Small, small peeve)

uhh.....uhmm......nah...I won't go there :tongue_sm<----gutter mind

A real mechanic would never use WD-40 on a lock, that insures the lock will soon fail again and again. Wet lubricants should never be use on anything with very close clearance tolerances, the lube attracts dirt like a magnet. bad bad bad.

Agree, ask Mechanic for graphite powder, or buy a small tube at Home Depot and apply yourself.