The Undoing of Ground

TUT

The fact remains that you don't work for FedEx, never have, and never will. Therefore, your opinions about the company and it's leadership don't have much validity. You are an outsider looking-in, and always will be.

Totally besides the point. Also a lot of driver facts about Sales and what they offer as discounts vs UPS are very off. I email my reps and they don't know where a lot of this stuff comes from in regards to not selling Express, discounting ground more then UPS ground, they wish they could under-bid them consistently.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
As a swing, all i need to know is the route number, which van # i'll be driving & i'll handle the rest. I even offer to do interior detailing of the vehicles, light duty maintenance, like oil changes, filters, bulbs, brakes, coolant flushes, for a better rate than the local garage.

Poster boy!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Totally besides the point. Also a lot of driver facts about Sales and what they offer as discounts vs UPS are very off. I email my reps and they don't know where a lot of this stuff comes from in regards to not selling Express, discounting ground more then UPS ground, they wish they could under-bid them consistently.

You miss my point, which is that you are a customer, not an employee. Your comments on rates are relevant, but when you start talking about FedEx like an "insider", you're way-off the mark. Nobody knows the games this company plays like it's employees. A lot of us have worked for other companies, and FedEx is unique in many ways, most of them bad.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes, let's take advantage of couriers because they're all idiots who are lucky to have a job. If they had anything going on upstairs they wouldn't be couriers, right?

No, but if you're the self-proclaimed board legal genius and business guru, why be a courier?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You only play one on the internet?

So not only do you work for a man you abhor, a company you despise, etc., you do so to earn money you don't really need. DARN, that's intelligent!

I only stay because of the medical. When that goes away, I have no further reason to stay.

vantexan

No, but if you're the self-proclaimed board legal genius and business guru, why be a courier?

I don't believe I've ever said that, just argue points I feel strongly about. But your answer proves my point. Why be a courier if you have a modicum of intelligence? Your attitude is representative of a large % of management. You want employees who can manage a route efficiently and productively. But deep down you can't help but feel superior to those who choose to make their living this way. Probably despise us a little too, huh? I know mgrs who actually like their employees and actually believe in the mission of this company. And others who see their employees as adversaries, standing in the way of the bright future that should already be their's. I can see which camp you fall into.

P.S. Happy 4th!!:nobrainzombis:

TUT

You miss my point, which is that you are a customer, not an employee. Your comments on rates are relevant, but when you start talking about FedEx like an "insider", you're way-off the mark. Nobody knows the games this company plays like it's employees. A lot of us have worked for other companies, and FedEx is unique in many ways, most of them bad.

No you miss the point that you are unhappy and are willing to live with it instead of looking for a way out. I am for improving the common mans living, but it's beyond Fedex. You are very unhappy and instead of taking the bull by the horns and doing something about it, you wallow in it. That has nothing to do with working at Fedex or not. This is a personality trait within you. Their golden days are over, you live in that past. Fedex can or cannot be a good job, for you it isn't. You owe it you YOURSELF to find peace.

ALL ****ING COMPANIES PLAY GAMES. You act like you are 22 and still wide-eyed just figuring this all out. Every job I had, every person I spoken to about employment, same ****, different company for the most part. Surely you have a dream beyond delivering boxes, you should go for it.

vantexan

No you miss the point that you are unhappy and are willing to live with it instead of looking for a way out. I am for improving the common mans living, but it's beyond Fedex. You are very unhappy and instead of taking the bull by the horns and doing something about it, you wallow in it. That has nothing to do with working at Fedex or not. This is a personality trait within you. Their golden days are over, you live in that past. Fedex can or cannot be a good job, for you it isn't. You owe it you YOURSELF to find peace.

ALL ****ING COMPANIES PLAY GAMES. You act like you are 22 and still wide-eyed just figuring this all out. Every job I had, every person I spoken to about employment, same ****, different company for the most part. Surely you have a dream beyond delivering boxes, you should go for it.

He has a mission and is dedicated to openly criticize the corporation he works for. The corporation that made a lot of promises to it's employees but didn't deliver. He has every right to point out their failings. If he uses hyperbole it's to get attention to what has happened to us. The world might not be a very fair place, but do those who make it unfair get to glide through life unscathed while the rest of us pick up the pieces?

TUT

He has a mission and is dedicated to openly criticize the corporation he works for. The corporation that made a lot of promises to it's employees but didn't deliver. He has every right to point out their failings. If he uses hyperbole it's to get attention to what has happened to us. The world might not be a very fair place, but do those who make it unfair get to glide through life unscathed while the rest of us pick up the pieces?

To be fair, I can agree with that. He does have the right to. I understand how he feels, I've been there. I will say where he lies blame is more a result of the markets themselves and not the company wanting to have to do these things. A more worldly view on it could help. So thanks, I do agree with a lot of that.

THAT SAID. He owe's it to himself. He's a person and he's not sentenced to Fedex. I can just picture a friend on mine right now, if I were laying all of this out there on him, he would stop me quickly and say "Tut, you owe it to yourself to go somewhere else, you need to leave", simple, on point and correct. It's tough, but 9 out of 10 times, if you follow that, you'd go back and thank that person on the other side and not give two more ****s about a past employer, like the hundreds of thousands that have left Fedex in the past.

But you have plenty of correct thoughts with this one!

59 Dano

I don't believe I've ever said that, just argue points I feel strongly about. But your answer proves my point.

That answer was directed to one person, and one person only. But anyhow, if he wants to present himself as the one with all the answers to all things legal/business, I'm just saying that he has (or likes to think he has) the ability to write his own ticket. If someone has that ability, why the hell would he or she be here at all?

If he wants to draw that kind of attention to himself, I'll play along.

59 Dano

To be fair, I can agree with that. He does have the right to. I understand how he feels, I've been there. I will say where he lies blame is more a result of the markets themselves and not the company wanting to have to do these things. A more worldly view on it could help. So thanks, I do agree with a lot of that.

THAT SAID. He owe's it to himself. He's a person and he's not sentenced to Fedex. I can just picture a friend on mine right now, if I were laying all of this out there on him, he would stop me quickly and say "Tut, you owe it to yourself to go somewhere else, you need to leave", simple, on point and correct. It's tough, but 9 out of 10 times, if you follow that, you'd go back and thank that person on the other side and not give two more ****s about a past employer, like the hundreds of thousands that have left Fedex in the past.

But you have plenty of correct thoughts with this one!

I don't know about you, but in my experience the ones who complain the loudest and the longest aren't going anywhere and their peers usually tire of the constant complaining.