The Undoing of Ground

CAFAL

You are stereotyping here. The truth is,everyone needs a job and these guys are just trying to
pay a mortgage just like you.I know 2 fedex ground drivers that used to be ups drivers.
When I ask "how's it going?" They always say...better than you.
Sure,you have to maintain your own truck,but you get to start early,and you decide the

best way to get it done.
I asked one of them why he left ups,he said one day he snapped when he was "already over dispatched" was told to meet someone and take 20 stops off him.He said no,screw you,I'm finishing the day but as of right now I Quit.
He seems happier now.

He may be happier but those 20 stops would have been overtime. About 44 to 46 an hour

HomeDelivery

CAFAL said:
Did I? He said no to the 20 stops. Would have been an extra hour,most likely overtime. Read again

i did... he said no to having a driver come and take the 20 stops off him. He will finish those stops and end his career

xfdxgroundmgmt

Yes bbsam you are correct................ however a few days ago I asked you about Mr. Fedex's return to the board, Prior to that I tried to pm (him) his in-box was too full to receive any e - mail, how can someone post all day and cant either answer the questions, or just delete them all. Either way it shows a lack of character on his part................ he is too good to answer my question or doesn't have time for me plus the 100's of pm's in his box! In many ways I understand and support what he has to say about FedEx, however the soap box gets old and every company is looking to maximize their profits for wall street. After all: wall street is the one controlling everything in the U.S.A. Again This is my opinion and if you don't like it send me a pm or Email@ * I will answer all................ or at least delete them!

Last edited by a moderator:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Depends on where one is on "Maslow's hierarchy of Needs".

Many Ground types are struggling with "safety and security" - forget about "esteem" needs.

Maslow would have been disappointed in Ground. Fred depends on Emergency Rooms and Food Stamp programs to meet "safety and security" needs. We are all deficient in the "esteem" needs if we work for Fred.

bbsam

Staff member
Safety and security. Hmmmm. Although they are primal desires aren't they, when taken in context with the absolution of human mortality (not to mention the ability of insurance companies to drop coverage as soon as you are ill) nothing more than a cruel mirage?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Safety and security. Hmmmm. Although they are primal desires aren't they, when taken in context with the absolution of human mortality (not to mention the ability of insurance companies to drop coverage as soon as you are ill) nothing more than a cruel mirage?

Familiar with Maslow? In a nutshell, lower level needs must be met before higher level needs can be satisfied. I agree with his hypothesis.

bbsam

Staff member
Familiar with Maslow? In a nutshell, lower level needs must be met before higher level needs can be satisfied. I agree with his hypothesis.

The point is, that the lower needs are never really met. It could be argued that nobody is ever truly safe, nor are they secure. Take the Fedex Express courier, for example. Where's the "safety and security" now?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I'd posted that, I'd have been suspended, but I don't go crying to the Mods like others do. I discovered I don't have time to set-up and monitor my own website. Is that a crime? I would prefer to, but that's my reality right now. Also, the battle has been lost for the time being, and there is a zero chance of a union, especially with the passivity of Mr Hoffa and the IBT.

Satisfied? Now, go back to your bucket of KFC and your "I Love Lucy " reruns.

MFE, I took care of this for you. There is no reason for a personal attack of this nature. Dave.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes bbsam you are correct................ however a few days ago I asked you about Mr. Fedex's return to the board, Prior to that I tried to pm (him) his in-box was too full to receive any e - mail, how can someone post all day and cant either answer the questions, or just delete them all. Either way it shows a lack of character on his part................ he is too good to answer my question or doesn't have time for me plus the 100's of pm's in his box! In many ways I understand and support what he has to say about FedEx, however the soap box gets old and every company is looking to maximize their profits for wall street. After all: wall street is the one controlling everything in the U.S.A. Again This is my opinion and if you don't like it send me a pm or Email@ * I will answer all................ or at least delete them!

There is a problem with my inbox. I can't get the stored messages to delete, so the inbox always shows "full". I'm happy to answer PM's, even when you swear at me and call me names.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The point is, that the lower needs are never really met. It could be argued that nobody is ever truly safe, nor are they secure. Take the Fedex Express courier, for example. Where's the "safety and security" now?

One could argue we at least have insurance benefits and don't have to be parasites on an already overburdened system. I am positive that Fred had this in mind when he set up Ground, passing-off every cent possible to either the ISP, or in this case, the government and taxpayer.

bbsam

Staff member
One could argue we at least have insurance benefits and don't have to be parasites on an already overburdened system. I am positive that Fred had this in mind when he set up Ground, passing-off every cent possible to either the ISP, or in this case, the government and taxpayer.
I support Obamacare and don't believe for a moment that health benefits are something businesses should be on the hook for. In fact, I think it's an absolute hoot that people came to believe that companies should be responsible for worker's health away from the work site. That's twisted.