The Undoing of Ground

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I support Obamacare and don't believe for a moment that health benefits are something businesses should be on the hook for. In fact, I think it's an absolute hoot that people came to believe that companies should be responsible for worker's health away from the work site. That's twisted./QUOTE]

Are you advocating personal responsibility?

bbsam

Staff member
Yes bbsam you are correct................ however a few days ago I asked you about Mr. Fedex's return to the board, Prior to that I tried to pm (him) his in-box was too full to receive any e - mail, how can someone post all day and cant either answer the questions, or just delete them all. Either way it shows a lack of character on his part................ he is too good to answer my question or doesn't have time for me plus the 100's of pm's in his box! In many ways I understand and support what he has to say about FedEx, however the soap box gets old and every company is looking to maximize their profits for wall street. After all: wall street is the one controlling everything in the U.S.A. Again This is my opinion and if you don't like it send me a pm or Email@ * I will answer all................ or at least delete them!

He's a bit brash, full of himself, and sometimes overbearing, but he's really not a bad guy. Takes a while to get used to him, but it's not too hard to cut him some slack. He and I see things very differently about Fedex. He seems to believe Ground has peaked and I am certain we are just getting started. His stake is falling and mine is growing. It's natural that we should be at odds but if you can get past the hyperbole and his sense of being persecuted by a company that is changing it's course that offered him a very good future, there are good things to be gleaned from his posts. Personally, I don't take alot personally because if the roles were reversed, I would probably react much the same way.

bbsam

Staff member
I support Obamacare and don't believe for a moment that health benefits are something businesses should be on the hook for. In fact, I think it's an absolute hoot that people came to believe that companies should be responsible for worker's health away from the work site. That's twisted./QUOTE]

Are you advocating personal responsibility?
Yes. But I also realize that in the current climate that is nearly impossible at the income levels of most Americans. That's why I believe Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act is not only a good thing for individuals but for the country and business as well.

STFXG

Obamacare also keeps kids on their parents health insurance until they are 26... This is good for business for a company like express that can hire part time college kids off the street and not have to provide insurance for them.

bbsam

Staff member
Obamacare also keeps kids on their parents health insurance until they are 26... This is good for business for a company like express that can hire part time college kids off the street and not have to provide insurance for them.
Let's not kid ourselves, though. Insurance companies are gonna make a mint off that. Kids for the most in that age group are very healthy and add a vast pool of premium income for insurance companies.

STFXG

Of course it does. I'm just staying another reason to get rid of benefits for express employeess. Fred won't need to supply benefits as he weeds out his older work force. And with ROADS there's no need to over pay for express drivers any longer. College kids running split shifts for the average courier wage (12 per hour). No benefits. Sounds like a good plan to bring up that poor margin.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
College kids running split shifts for the average courier wage (12 per hour). No benefits. Sounds like a good plan to bring up that poor margin.

If you want to rely heavily on college kids running splits for that kind of pay, don't expect much. College kids like to stay up late, sleep in, get real drunk, have hangovers, quit without notice, and totally lose it when their significant others break up with them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you want to rely heavily on college kids running splits for that kind of pay, don't expect much. College kids like to stay up late, sleep in, get real drunk, have hangovers, quit without notice, and totally lose it when their significant others break up with them.
Well then I guess Fred will totally get what he pays for.

vantexan

Had a gunshop owner tell me yesterday that I'm the only FedEx employee that has come to his shop in the last 3 years that acts nice and courteous. Ground guy refuses to come up his road because there are some vines that hang down that run across top of truck. They are like paper streamers, no big deal. Man has to come to the Ground guy. The gripe I have with Ground is no fault of their's. They get into my area before me and I get constantly questioned as to why they can be there 2 hrs before me. And given doubtful looks if not worse when I explain.

TUT

Well then I guess Fred will totally get what he pays for.

I wonder what GSO gets? They are 1/2 the price yet, overnight nor-cal to so-cal, no special service charges. Usually delivery before noon. <$6 is common. Don't even have to re-box often, just use the mfg boxing in many cases. I also see Amazon is gearing up for same-day and overnight shipping.

Goldilocks

Weasel Worship is a cult. Kind of like Scientology. I'm trying to help folks like you get off the Kool-Aid and go straight.

Boys will be Boys, and yes Fred is our saint and I will defend him. He is a good Man. If you dont like whats happening start your own company!!

jmeti000

Boys will be Boys, and yes Fred is our saint and I will defend him. He is a good Man. If you dont like whats happening start your own company!!

Really? Fred is a saint? I must have been working towards that top out pay I will get close to 20 years from now. And lets not forget, its alot easier to start your own company when your born with a silver spoon in your mouth. If you honestly think Fred came from humble beginings then you best take another look.