The unexpected is now expected more than ever

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Don't forget to donate your soapbox for wood for the poor !!! :happy-very:
No, I need my wood, now dont tell me I have to give half of it away coz someone else needs it who didnt do any of the work I did to get the pile, please tell me it aint so.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member

little johnny asked his grandma how old she was.
Grandma answered, "39 and holding."
johnny thought for a moment, and then said, "and how old would you be if you let go?"

Nimnim

The Nim
I thought cougars were over 40.....Like Jennifer Aniston or Courtney Cox.

I guess it depends on what competition you look at. I've found some that say 35 and some that say 40. So I guess we'll go with 40 to give a few more years before old is it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Its ok to make fun of old people here, but not OUR OLD people, and you know who you are, and Moreluck isnt an old people.
And I see far more young, middle aged people who dont pay a dime for medical care, who are on Medicaid, and SSI, than I do OLD people who worked all their lives, and have to pay copays, and monthly premiums for their medicare. I even have an office who had to put a sign up, that tells medicaid patients they are limited to 1 visit a week. 1 vist a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I havent been to the doc in years, I dont have time, other than my DOT physical. If you are that sick you belong in a nursing home, not living on your own. And a resident who calls an ambulance at least once a week.
You are totally correct though, if you dont pay, you dont care. So it rolls on, Percentage of Income Plans for the "poor" for utilities, free housing, free food. And money free for all the extras, like cell phones, manicures, hairdos, and drugs alcohol and cigarettes. Ok now I have officially ranted!

This is what I'm trying to say. By inserting a members name in my comment I became a BC villian. Getting required procedures of course I have no problem with. Going to the doctor with every runny nose and sore throat gets my goat. TK

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It is what we get paid to do but just think how many accidents we avoid on a daily basis. UPS drivers have mad skills. I still think circle of honor drivers will steadily decline as more accidents occur due to distracted civilians and are deemed avoidable.
A guy in my building just lost 19 years of safe driving due to branch hitting windshield.

View attachment 4589Expect the unexpected. Corvette rolls out in my lane, driverless, this is where I stopped, but I couldnt get the guy crying on his trunk deck lid after it hit the pole, he flipped me off and left, for not hitting him? 45 mph, I just missed it. Today
Awesome catch June, but don't you think you should turn the lights off in the rear of the pkg car?:wink2:

spare the rod, spoil the child
???
I make exceptions for older, bored, narrow minded, highly opinionated, TMZ watchin', Enquirer readin' [-]California housewives[/-] UpstateNYUPSer's.

[-]Lifer [/-] stevetheupsguy is also my [-]elder [/-] mentor and I have nothing but respect for him.
There, fixed it for ya.:happy2:

Typical retired person. Going to the doctor and having some procedure because they are bored and need attention. Whoops, did I say that out loud?
You certainly did, and you paid the price for your actions. I'm glad that you realized what you did and apologized.
Actually a colonoscopy is nothing to get shook up about. You're knocked out colder than a cucumber anyway and won't remember a thing. The night before, after you take the "clean out drugs", is a different story though:happy2:
Unfortunately, that's how they do them NOW. I remeber the old days.:biting:
IE, stay home and near the bathroom. Been there, done that.
Ditto!

If you remember reading this headline...

...then you may be old.
LOL

This is what I'm trying to say. By inserting a members name in my comment I became a BC villian. Getting required procedures of course I have no problem with. Going to the doctor with every runny nose and sore throat gets my goat. TK
Nah, you just got spanked a little bit. Don't worry, it'll blow over. Maybe "someone" will see that you have learned your lesson and help you turn green again.

I have to agree with you on the runny nose, sore throat thing.

WOW, talk about getting spanked? I just looked at your profile and checked your rep and see that you have been totally hammered for that comment. It may take quite a bit of positive rep before you get back to the green.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Originally Posted by UpstateNYUPSer
I make exceptions for older, bored, narrow minded, highly opinionated, TMZ watchin', Enquirer readin' [-]California housewives[/-] UpstateNYUPSer's.

[-]Lifer [/-] stevetheupsguy is also my elder mentor and I have nothing but respect for him.

What's the matter Upstate, you can't take it when the words are turned back around to you? Poor guy, you can give it, but you sure can't take it, huh? Here's the original post. Maybe you'd like to re-write it and apologize to the person you wrote it about, huh?

I make exceptions for older, bored, narrow minded, highly opinionated, TMZ watchin', Enquirer readin' California housewives.

Lifer is also my elder and I have nothing but respect for him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve, as I have said many times here before, you are the comic relief, the court jester, the break that the adults need from time to time when the debate gets heated. You are good for a few laughs but when it comes time for serious discussion you are usually asked to leave the room to save us from having to explain the big words to you. I have asked you politely not to alter my quotes yet you continue to do so. You may not believe this but I actually read every post that I type twice to ensure that it is what I want to say and I certainly don't need someone such as yourself to "fix it for ya".

If you don't like what I have to say here put me on ignore. Dave.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, as I have said many times here before, you are the comic relief, the court jester, the break that the adults need from time to time when the debate gets heated. You are good for a few laughs but when it comes time for serious discussion you are usually asked to leave the room to save us from having to explain the big words to you. I have asked you politely not to alter my quotes yet you continue to do so. You may not believe this but I actually read every post that I type twice to ensure that it is what I want to say and I certainly don't need someone such as yourself to "fix it for ya".

If you don't like what I have to say here put me on ignore. Dave.
Far be it for me to understand how "the court jest", "comic relief" or break that "adults" need, would be able to get under your skin by messing around with your posts. It's not like I deleted the original post and replaced it with my cleverly worded playful post. It's more like I'm standing behind you, using my hand as a puppet and mocking you as you speak to the crowd. Do you think that negative repping me will make me stop? Your negative rep lets me know that I hit a nerve, again. So I say in return, if ya don't like, ignore me. In case you don't know how that's done, use the search function.

Next time you feel like flaming someone, think about it twice in your head, before you stick your foot in your mouth on the screen.