the union is not what it use to be. its not worth paying them anymore.

tiredofbrown123

who should i call in order to get the union to represent me? i called IBT and they never called me back either. they did however call my non representitives and tell them to call me. should i call the labor board?

tiredofbrown123

maybe i should hire an attorney? i mean, ive payed mafia dues for 13 yrs and i cant get them to help me. they wont answer my calls and will not return them either.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
maybe i should hire an attorney? i mean, ive payed mafia dues for 13 yrs and i cant get them to help me. they wont answer my calls and will not return them either.

Why not? Did you go to the union hall? Make an appointment? 13 yrs, we would think you should know who your steward is.

Ouch

I can't believe it. What is the world coming to? I have agreed with upstate on something. It would be helpful to know or should we guess?

tiredofbrown123

you're right upschuck. that is what im talking about my union rep's will not take my calls or return them. thats what this is about. its not about shaving either. its about the prefered jobs list. but it doesnt really matter what this is about. if i pay union dues then i ought to be able to get in touch with them. this is grown up conversation. i thought i was talking to ppl that actually cared but instead i guess i came to where mommys boys sit in their moms basement in their underwear and type unnecessary comments.

Sometimes it may take a day or so for your BA to get back to you. You are not the only one in the union. Might be fighting to get some ones job back. Your steward would be the first one you need to talk to.

UPSGUY72

I sence that from the begin of your employment at UPS you have needed the union representation on numerous occasions... Maybe someone is trying to tell you something.

But to answer your question this problem you have been having since October getting a hold of your BA is BS. The three Shop stewards that you have talked to have seen your BA at least 3 or 4 times since Oct. since there are monthly union meeting maybe you should go to the next one for a little face time with you BA. Before you go read the first paragraph again...

You know me...
who should i call in order to get the union to represent me? i called IBT and they never called me back either. they did however call my non representitives and tell them to call me. should i call the labor board?

You should form a slate and run against them.

I agree completely. Do not have many occasions to call my BA, but he has always responded in a few hours or if he was out of town, the next day. Even when I was a new hire working the preload and had a problem being released from work for jury duty, the problem was taken care of in a matter of hours with just a phone call.