The usual fail

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The FAA is right on top of things too, I see. How many years has it been since the last 727 was parked?

bacha29

Message from management to maintenance : Please do a thorough inspection of all of our DC7's and Lockheed Super Constellations immediately following the completion of our ongoing conversion of our recently acguired fleet of B24"s.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The FAA is right on top of things too, I see. How many years has it been since the last 727 was parked?

It's been a few years, but I imagine FedEx has been fighting every step of the way. About the time of these violations, there were a group of aircraft mechanics at LAX also alleging improper repairs and/or repairs not performed.

When I was a ramp agent, I saw more than a flights leave that were overweight or had issues that the pilots decided not to write-up so the flight would leave on-time. Remember paper weight and balances? Easily misunderstood and fudged or altered by crews that knew the aircraft would be within a safe "envelope". The repair in question would never be ignored by a pilot.