The voice of the Young Republican Christians in Texas... OMG.

YET tourist, they make up the largest percentage of republicans and you dont distance yourself from them. The far right evangelicals are a serious problem to this country. Its extremist views and connections to guns and militias is all i need in order to call them kooks.

What about Jesus camp? Do you think that is wrong?

Peace.
Sounded to like he just did distance himself from them.

All you need to call someone a kook is if they support a republican.

tourists24

YET tourist, they make up the largest percentage of republicans and you dont distance yourself from them. The far right evangelicals are a serious problem to this country. Its extremist views and connections to guns and militias is all i need in order to call them kooks.

What about Jesus camp? Do you think that is wrong?

Peace.
didnt see the documentary nor do I know that much about it. The only way I could answer is that any group that insists that it God's way or else by threat of physical or mental harm is wrong. It is true that the bible lays out that the only way to Heaven is through salvation but that's not what I am talking about. Everyone has the choice to be saved or not. The ultimate judgement will happen at the end by God himself. You are full of it when you try to say that "they" make up the largest percentage of any group. You equate it to Republicans; whatever. Its always D vs R to you anyway.

Any fundamentalist Christian is dangerous. Here's a personal example. Anecdotal, but true. My old neighbor was a born-again Christian minister, who could never have a conversation without turning it into something about God. If I said his yard looked good, it was because Jesus wanted him to have the gift of a nice yard. Whatever, I can deal with that. What I could not tolerate was this man's absolute intolerance of Catholics, Jews, Gays, Mormons. Muslims, Buddhists, Pacifists, Environmentalists and on and on. In short, if you did not believe exactly as he did, not only were you not going to Heaven, but you were Hell-bound, and also the enemy. My wife, who is Catholic, and perhaps the most moral person I have ever met, was on the fast track to Hell according to this guy. So was I, because even though I try and live by the Ten Commandments, I don't go to church, tithe, or otherwise commit my life to Jesus. I'll put my morality and principles up against those of any Christian, at any time.

I see the same belief system at play with fundamentalist Right Wing Christians all the time, both in the media and in everyday life.

You, and everyone else should be free to believe whatever you want. However, don't condemn everyone who might feel differently, and stow your superior, all-knowing, one-way only smug attitudes where they belong.

I've never felt threatened by a fundamentalist christian, reason being never had one of them tell me they wanted to kill all non-believers.

I don't know of any religion that doesn't teach that their church was the correct one. Even if they don't say it out loud they imply all others are wrong. That is why there are so many different denominations.

Most families have at least one kook, how can you expect any religion not to have a few?

BTW.. I've been told many times I was going to hell and my answer is that my salvation or condemnation is no one's business but mine and God's.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
You, and everyone else should be free to believe whatever you want. However, don't condemn everyone who might feel differently, and stow your superior, all-knowing, one-way only smug attitudes where they belong.

Wow!!! So do you apply that to yourself also? Hey TOS...look what your brother said. Thats funny.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
The far right evangelicals are a serious problem to this country.

The far left loons are a big problem too...you know...the ones who make bogus claims (AKA LIES) and then when confronted, they run and hide. Some far left loons have so much hate that they just make up shiat to support their agenda. How sad. Some far left loons are 9/11 truthers too...you know...the ones that think our own goverment blew up the towers. Talk about nut jobs...jeesh!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Wow!!! So do you apply that to yourself also? Hey TOS...look what your brother said. Thats funny.

Yep, it does. You are free to feel differently, and I am free to disagree with you. Works both ways, unless you are an intolerant Right Wing Evangelical. One-way street, just like the Taliban.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
didnt see the documentary nor do I know that much about it. The only way I could answer is that any group that insists that it God's way or else by threat of physical or mental harm is wrong. It is true that the bible lays out that the only way to Heaven is through salvation but that's not what I am talking about. Everyone has the choice to be saved or not. The ultimate judgement will happen at the end by God himself. You are full of it when you try to say that "they" make up the largest percentage of any group. You equate it to Republicans; whatever. Its always D vs R to you anyway.

Ask Dr. Tiller if he thinks Christians can be violent. Oh, he can't answer. Killed in church, in front of his family.

tourists24

Ask Dr. Tiller if he thinks Christians can be violent. Oh, he can't answer. Killed in church, in front of his family.
Your point was that it was a Taliban like christian leader that killed him. This just isnt the facts. It was a shame for sure but some nut job that had mental problems took it upon himself to do that. He does not speak for the vast majority and many christians stood loudly and denounced his actions.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your point was that it was a Taliban like christian leader that killed him. This just isnt the facts. It was a shame for sure but some nut job that had mental problems took it upon himself to do that. He does not speak for the vast majority and many christians stood loudly and denounced his actions.

Anti-abortion forces have long implicitly condoned violence against abortion providers. He (Tiller's murderer) was a fringe nut who followed fringe leaders, just like fringe Muslim nuts follow fringe Taliban leaders. Your average Muslim is about as violent as your average Christian, as in not dangerous and reasonable. All religions have fanatics, which has always been my point. When Christians go off on Muslims, they can't condemn the entire religion and vice-versa.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, we have average muslims here too......family of five.......all quiet people.....the dad killed the whole fam damily and the mom-in-law too. He had 2 college student daughters, but one was dating a westerner...........................shame was brought on the whole household so he killed them all. That was right here in San Clemente (63,000) in a beautiful bluff top, ocean view home. Shariah is not peaceful!!

Last edited:

tourists24

Anti-abortion forces have long implicitly condoned violence against abortion providers. He (Tiller's murderer) was a fringe nut who followed fringe leaders, just like fringe Muslim nuts follow fringe Taliban leaders. Your average Muslim is about as violent as your average Christian, as in not dangerous and reasonable. All religions have fanatics, which has always been my point. When Christians go off on Muslims, they can't condemn the entire religion and vice-versa.
you are wrong on your details.... you dont hear the vast majorities of muslims condemning anything..... in this case almost all the christian groups denounced this nut job.... and he was nut job literally... he had serious mental issues to start. No comparison. I know your point that there are stupid people in all groups and it is true.... but the focus on the start of this thread was that this is the norm with christians.... not true

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
you are wrong on your details.... you dont hear the vast majorities of muslims condemning anything..... in this case almost all the christian groups denounced this nut job.... and he was nut job literally... he had serious mental issues to start. No comparison. I know your point that there are stupid people in all groups and it is true.... but the focus on the start of this thread was that this is the norm with christians.... not true

It isn't the norm with Muslims either, unless you believe moreluck.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It was a very rare occurrence for any muslim to come public and denounce the actions of other muslims in wrong doing.. They stayed silent! That speaks all I need to know.

It was a very rare occurrence for any muslim to come public and denounce the actions of other muslims in wrong doing.. They stayed silent! That speaks all I need to know.
I have to wonder if that silence means agreement or fear of their own fellow muslims.