The W2's are here...

LKLND3380

Seems like there is always a post asking - When do we get our W2?

I got my W2 today so I expect others will have them in the next couple days...

Remember to check your pay stub for last year and CLAIM YOUR UNION DUES... People can complain as musch as they want about the Union but it is a tax write off...

blacknproud

Remember to check your pay stub for last year and CLAIM YOUR UNION DUES... People can complain as musch as they want about the Union but it is a tax write off...

DAMN RIGHT!!!!!

FromBluetoBrown

So where exactly do you claim your union dues? It says right on the bottom of the pink copy of my union application that "Union dues are not deductable as charitable contributions" So what part do union dues fall under?

1timepu

yeah union dues are a write off, but you would have more money in your pocket if the dues where $45 then getting a tax deduction, so just being happy for the deduction doesnt add up

HazMatMan

I was told I couldn't, because I didn't have enough to itemize. It was H&R Block.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes, under job expenses, and of course there is always a catch that 2% thing.
Upsers.com offers turbo tax for 30% off, which I always used but never noticed it on there til this year. I gained 6 bucks through the deduction WHOO HOO.
Then there is that 7.5% thing for medical.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Union dues
Uniform maintenance (I use $10/week)
Gloves
Socks
Boots

These and others that may fall under your personal tax situation would be claimed under "unreimbursed job expenses" which, as stated above, are subject to the 2% threshold. I use Turbo Tax which does all of that for me.

For those of you who waited for your W-2 to arrive in the mail, here is a tip for next year. You can get your W-2 online about 2 weeks earlier than by mail at UPSers.com. Go to life and career, go to W-2 reissue, register w/ADP, login and download your W-2. You can actually use your last paystub of the year as it will mirror your W-2 but I would wait for the W-2 to make sure the numbers match before you file.

One of the above posts talked about H&R Block, which provides quality service but is not cheap. I highly recommend Turbo Tax and urge everyone to try it. You can either buy it or go to their website (TurboTax.com) and complete your taxes there--you may even qualify for free e-file. I completed both of my children's taxes and my son will have both refunds in his account Friday.

LKLND3380

Union dues
Uniform maintenance (I use $10/week)
Gloves
Socks
Boots

These and others that may fall under your personal tax situation would be claimed under "unreimbursed job expenses" which, as stated above, are subject to the 2% threshold. I use Turbo Tax which does all of that for me.

For those of you who waited for your W-2 to arrive in the mail, here is a tip for next year. You can get your W-2 online about 2 weeks earlier than by mail at UPSers.com. Go to life and career, go to W-2 reissue, register w/ADP, login and download your W-2. You can actually use your last paystub of the year as it will mirror your W-2 but I would wait for the W-2 to make sure the numbers match before you file.

One of the above posts talked about H&R Block, which provides quality service but is not cheap. I highly recommend Turbo Tax and urge everyone to try it. You can either buy it or go to their website (TurboTax.com) and complete your taxes there--you may even qualify for free e-file. I completed both of my children's taxes and my son will have both refunds in his account Friday.

Preloaders are not given a uniform so I claim the ruined jeans and shirts with ground in dirt as work clothes... I also buy Craftsman WorkWear reinforced heel and toe boot socks at Sears - $12.00