The Walking Dead (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

oldngray

nowhere special
Us gun nuts notice that and other things. Like how there have been more than a few occurrences where someone is using an AR 15 without any sights.

I tend to notice things like infinite repeaters more than anything else. I can't remember when I saw anyone reload a revolver and I probably only saw a couple of magazine changes for pistols or rifles. Not to mention the infinite supply of ammo that never runs out.

Overpaid Union Thug

I tend to notice things like infinite repeaters more than anything else. I can't remember when I saw anyone reload a revolver and I probably only saw a couple of magazine changes for pistols or rifles. Not to mention the infinite supply of ammo that never runs out.
Or that almost every AK/AR they find is full auto.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
How about M1 Cabine's with completely jacked up sideways rear sights. Also, bad weapon choices like the afore mentioned M1 or an AK 74. You'd never find ammunition for those things.

oldngray

nowhere special
How about M1 Cabine's with completely jacked up sideways rear sights. Also, bad weapon choices like the afore mentioned M1 or an AK 74. You'd never find ammunition for those things.
You might find some surplus .30 carbine ammo but the supply has pretty much dried up completely. I agree with you about not finding any 5.45x39 ammo for an AK74.

oldngray

nowhere special
Think my optimal anti-zombie piece would be suppressed 10/22 with some sort of dot sight and a 50 round drum magazine.

I always had a problem with any little injury to brain creates instant lights out for a zombie. I would think you would need to have massive brain damage instead of just an icepick sized hole.

oldngray

nowhere special
I heard a long time ago you could fire M16 ammo (5.56x45) in an AK47 (7.62.39) but I would never want to test that theory. It might work in an emergency but I would expect the cases to probably rupture.