The Way it should be!

710 steward

Technically this is job abandonment. I have taken the position that these members will eventually go back to work. If they chose to hire part timers to fill vacant positions these folks are not scabs. They aren't crossing a picket line. These folks will mostly be made up of union members. This is a mess and should have been handled very differently. If they do promise 250 employees full time positions wait til the other 250 return. UPS may be doing 804 's pension depth a huge favor as 250 new full time displaced workers bump into multiple shifts to get their 8 hours in. We give corporate entirely too much credit for being smart.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I agree they will all get their jobs back. UPS can afford the good lawyers. The union can't. They won the last 4 contracts. Union is totally out matched. Members are caught in between

710 steward

I don't think Hall is next. This contract is so bad I think it's over for him and Hoffa. Orion does not work in my center right now. In time it will. I see this as more of an elimination of management. Once they hook up the cameras no need for full time sups for rides. If you owned a business would you trust an entirely new workforce to move your freight? Not to mention the unrest of the former employees. Fed Ex would instantly become THE player and UPS looses their grip on the market share. If the stock goes in half or less what is gained?

10 point

Orion is the end game. Plus what ever they pull out of the constellations, next. The union just keeps letting them improve it. Most of the firings now. Are for gaps in between stops. Where the driver was probably actually working. But, the computer says otherwise. If Hall is the next pres. We will get another weak contract. If someone who UPS hasn't bribed yet. We will strike. 804 will probably never vote yes again. The rest of us better start paying a lot more attention. If not, the union will never pay out a full pension after this contract. Which they would want. And, UPS will have young legs running boxes. We ft and pt lose ---again.
They can ask you about the gaps. That's it.
If you've documented poor load quality in your diad you're covered.
If you aren't doing your job as trained you, you may have reason for concern if they ojs you.
Do our job the same every day and besides a little tune up talk with on methods they won't have traction to discipline.
I agree, the company better not overlook the importance of the driver/customer relationship. It's half the glue that holds this together in spite of the dispatch "intelligence".

I agree they will all get their jobs back. UPS can afford the good lawyers. The union can't. They won the last 4 contracts. Union is totally out matched. Members are caught in between
Some members just sit back and wait for the union(which is actually them) to do something. Anytime anyone feels harassed they should file. We get CIA money we should act like CIA agents. Document what they did and said. Find Witnessess. File NLRB charges. When the company agrees to comply with the contract they are admitting harassment. You have now exhausted the collective bargaining agreement.

Now your big dollar job comes into play. You retain a lawyer and you file a harassment lawsuit against the company. Get your buddies to do the same and now the union(which remember is Infact you) has someone on their side that got some ball and won't take no sh@t.

3 done 3 to go

I don't think Hall is next. This contract is so bad I think it's over for him and Hoffa. Orion does not work in my center right now. In time it will. I see this as more of an elimination of management. Once they hook up the cameras no need for full time sups for rides. If you owned a business would you trust an entirely new workforce to move your freight? Not to mention the unrest of the former employees. Fed Ex would instantly become THE player and UPS looses their grip on the market share. If the stock goes in half or less what is gained?

No way, they should be allowed to put cameras in the trucks. Another concession by the union? What does the union get? Members? We will never get anything back again

10 point

Technically this is job abandonment. I have taken the position that these members will eventually go back to work. If they chose to hire part timers to fill vacant positions these folks are not scabs. They aren't crossing a picket line. These folks will mostly be made up of union members. This is a mess and should have been handled very differently. If they do promise 250 employees full time positions wait til the other 250 return. UPS may be doing 804 's pension depth a huge favor as 250 new full time displaced workers bump into multiple shifts to get their 8 hours in. We give corporate entirely too much credit for being smart.
Jury is still out on "job abandonment".
No matter what it looks like.

710 steward

10 point

I hear what you are saying but if it isn't abandonment then it's failure to work as directed if they were punched in. What I font understand is why they are trying to take action over a month later. This is all very confusing for me. Eventually these guys go back and UPS looks foolish for dragging this out.

Jury is still out on "job abandonment".
No matter what it looks like.
I think the general public is going to look at it like this. Their coworker got :censored2: canned and his fellow coworkers protested for 90 minutes at the beginning of work.

Firing such a large group of workers and shattering their lives is a bad look for a company that tries to keep everything out of the news.

710 steward

It has been rumored for years. My mechanic says they already have the equipment. It's when they choose to implement it. Other companies already are using them in the cabs of their fleet. Unfortunately it's just a matter of time for us too.

oldngray

nowhere special
It has been rumored for years. My mechanic says they already have the equipment. It's when they choose to implement it. Other companies already are using them in the cabs of their fleet. Unfortunately it's just a matter of time for us too.

The future of UPS is having drones deliver everything. Organic ones that is. And managers can just sit in their office and watch everyone on their computer screen.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe someday you will make it high enough in the union to make a decision like this. If you do I'm sure you will find out it's not as cut and dry when you are the men that make these decisions. It's so easy to judge but to actually lead and get to this point where you can lead is very hard. Just like the job they have to do. They also have to do it with many many people that judge but will never ever sniff the top.
I'm sorry but junior hasn't lead anything in years. He's a follower.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Now is a good time for you to begin your rise to power then.
I've honestly considered politics but I'm not sure if its money or power or what that get the best if people. I'm sure 90% of politicians start out with good intentions. 99.9% of them end up crooked as :censored2:.

Something happens along the way and I don't want that to happen to me

I've honestly considered politics but I'm not sure if its money or power or what that get the best if people. I'm sure 90% of politicians start out with good intentions. 99.9% of them end up crooked as :censored2:.

Something happens along the way and I don't want that to happen to me
Politics and religion have been corrupted since the beginining of time. The common denominator is man.

3 done 3 to go

You have any hard proof that they have cameras in trucks or are planning to?

Come on! All the other trucking companies are installing cameras. Most are teamster represented. Your telling me, UPS will not.? Your blind. If you believe they won't . The union will say, "oh, it's UPS. They cant have cameras. " Although all the other teamster backed companies have them