The Western Conference and Local 177 H&W DISASTER!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS, I think you are seriously underestimating the impact Ground has had on our volume.

Dave, and you are confusing the loss of volume to fedex when in fact its being diverted to surepost. This is having a greater impact on package car volume.

FEDEX is the excuse that is being used to distract you from the obvious.

TOS

bbsam

Staff member
Dave, and you are confusing the loss of volume to fedex when in fact its being diverted to surepost. This is having a greater impact on package car volume.

TOS

Surepost can only account for a percentage. That Ground, HD, and Smartpost are rapidly growing is the point you seem willing to discount. Where do you think that volume is coming from?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

TOS

No, I am basing this on how full the 3 Ground trucks are that I see everyday.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
TOS, I think you are seriously underestimating the impact Ground has had on our volume.

UPS does not.

Every meeting I have been in over the last 10 years, FedEx Ground has been identified as the reason UPS cannot grow our Ground volume.
UPS has been able to only maintain or grow at tenths of a percent year over year while FedEx Ground is increasing in high single digit percentage and double digit increases some years.

UPS has, based on it's actions, acknowledged that FedEx Ground will increase percent Market Share and there is little they can do about it except delay the inevitable.

Meanwhile, UPS is increasing its reliance on International volume, premium volume and Logistics.
The TnT acquisition failure was a huge blow to UPS plans for diversification from and reliance on the US Domestic Ground service.

​I own very little UPS stock.

UPS does not.

Every meeting I have been in over the last 10 years, FedEx Ground has been identified as the reason UPS cannot grow our Ground volume.
UPS has been able to only maintain or grow at tenths of a percent year over year while FedEx Ground is increasing in high single digit percentage and double digit increases some years.

UPS has, based on it's actions, acknowledged that FedEx Ground will increase percent Market Share and there is little they can do about it except delay the inevitable.

Meanwhile, UPS is increasing its reliance on International volume, premium volume and Logistics.
The TnT acquisition failure was a huge blow to UPS plans for diversification from and reliance on the US Domestic Ground service.

​I own very little UPS stock.
Why didn't you show those vote no idiots this post back in June like I asked you to??

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why didn't you show those vote no idiots this post back in June like I asked you to??
​I didn't write it until today.
Yea I know but months ago I asked you to tell them how it was. I know you are getting older but I did ask for you to tell these mo fo's how it really is.

I have posted many posts with this information in some form or another just like I have for SurePost.

Every post I make is unique so a post I made back then could have contained similar information.

Even your posts are not identical although some are suspiciously similar ... such as:

​TDU Sucks!

:wink2:

I have posted many posts with this information in some form or another just like I have for SurePost.

Every post I make is unique so a post I made back then could have contained similar information.

Even your posts are not identical although some are suspiciously similar ... such as:

​TDU Sucks!
Ok but I do appreciate your honest post and TDU does suck.

IzzyTheNose

$100/month for insurance? Do you have any idea how many people would love to have our insurance and only pay $100/month?

You're being a bit disingenuous here, aren't you? I mean, yeah, plenty of people would love to only pay $100 for our benefits. But would these same people be physically and mentally able to also do the work, and put in a year's time before they were even eligible to "only" pay $100? All while making a little more than $10 an hour? Because I don't see it.

This job used to be attractive first and foremost because of the benefits you didn't have to pay for. Take that away, and what incentive does anyone have to apply at UPS?

The advancement opportunities? The socks?

brown_trousers

You're being a bit disingenuous here, aren't you? I mean, yeah, plenty of people would love to only pay $100 for our benefits. But would these same people be physically and mentally able to also do the work, and put in a year's time before they were even eligible to "only" pay $100? All while making a little more than $10 an hour? Because I don't see it.

This job used to be attractive first and foremost because of the benefits you didn't have to pay for. Take that away, and what incentive does anyone have to apply at UPS?

Many people would also love to make even half our hourly wage, Dos that mean we should accept a 50% paycut?

The Milkman

:youreright:

Indecisi0n

Sounds like a bitter runner complaining. If you did the job the way I do (by the methods) its not so bad.

IzzyTheNose

Sounds like a bitter runner complaining. If you did the job the way I do (by the methods) its not so bad.

A "bitter runner"...?

How exactly am I complaining? I'm merely pointing out the flawed logic beyond this idea that people would be lining up to "only pay $100 for our benefits". People that would be lining up to pay $100, likely have jobs/careers that are FAR LESS taxing than what we have to do. Add in the paltry $10 pay rate, and I just don't see why anyone would/could do it.

And spare me about the methods. We've had 3 new-hires on my PD since early October. Two couldn't handle the first week and quit. The third is hanging on by a thread. All three had a supervisor in the feeder to make sure they were following the methods, and NONE have been able to load over 250pph.

Just to further illustrate...I was apart of a group of 15 new-hires 4 years ago. Only 3 lasted beyond the probationary period, and out of those three, two remain, me and my buddy. The other quit earlier this year.

But yeah...the methods! The methods will save us!

This job isn't easy. Period.