The writing is on the wall

gman042

Been around the block a few times
That's how it should be all across the country. Most definitely think the senior guys should get off earlier, they've earned that right. Been saying it for years having loaders is a waste of time, money, and benefits. Not saying theres not any good loaders, but most of them suck and make the company pay a lot more overtime because of how they freak everything up. Its not all their fault cause we know their not trained right. If all the loaders actually had a brain and a great work ethic(BB58) then it wouldn't be as bad.
Basically it is straight overtime. You load you own truck and you know right where everything is. It is a sweet deal. And, no, as mentioned before, we don't screw over the late starters with their loads. Well, the majority of us.
We all have run the routes we are loading and know where to place stops. It saves a lot of time during the day.
However, I do see UPS's point of view. Why pay a dozen drivers overtime to load trucks when they can pay minimum wage for the same job...though done poorly.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Seniority drivers load the trucks in the a.m. We have the early starters and the late starters. The early starters get off the clock 2 1/2 hrs ahead of the late starters.
We went through it in the early 90's. You will lose routes for sure. That is the goal...to eliminate as many as possible. Tell your kids it was nice knowing them. Its going to suck.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How many routes do you have total now?
We had a small center in this area that had 8 routes that went to a preload..basically the town didnt "open" up until 10am anyway so having the drivers load worked out well but they changed that a few years ago. The "center" was an old trailer with some holes cut out of it and a little portable construction type trailer used as a customer counter and a office and bathroom. I dont think they had any onsite mgt there either.

jaker

trolling
When I was in a satellite I loved loading my own truck can you can only imagine why , but if I had to do it for 4 hours then go drive then no way

gman042

How many routes do you have total now?

Run 18 to 20 a day. Scheduled for 30+ for peak. We have 3 spurs jutting off the main section with an added spur expansion to the main building that could house 10 routes. All these spurs just hinder the preload as the packages have to be handled multiple times.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Run 18 to 20 a day. Scheduled for 30+ for peak. We have 3 spurs jutting off the main section with an added spur expansion to the main building that could house 10 routes. All these spurs just hinder the preload as the packages have to be handled multiple times.
Interesting I know a center that's 23-27 routes I think they have always had a preload. I'll have to ask

gman042

Interesting I know a center that's 23-27 routes I think they have always had a preload. I'll have to ask

We are the end of the line for the feeder network. Than cannot get our trailers to us early enough to justify a preload of part timers without restructuring the runs. With their pre load guarantee of 3.5 hours that would put us on the street at noon. As driver sort we do it in 2.5.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We are the end of the line for the feeder network. Than cannot get our trailers to us early enough to justify a preload of part timers without restructuring the runs. With their pre load guarantee of 3.5 hours that would put us on the street at noon. As driver sort we do it in 2.5.
Wow starting at noon that would suck