There but for the grace of God go I

barnyard

KTM rider
They interviewed families where both earners worked at DHL. Eeeck.

I could not even begin to imagine how much that would suck or blow.

Possibly both.

TB

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Great title for this thread Big.
And oh so true.
You feel so bad for these people and the whole town.
There's no jobs in the rest of the area and if you are 10-15 years into a mortgage, you can't even follow your work or take a job in another town.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
A great job by 60 Minutes.

Seeing all the numbers in the mayor's letters from DHL is scary. Being treated like a number on a spreadsheet is no way I'd want to live. Hope some company comes in and saves the town's airport.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sad - really sad. I have believed for a few years now that there is a storm brewing between the haves and the have nots. It's no longer just a case of some lazy people that grew up on welfare for generations and refused to get a job- it's MUCH bigger than that. At the drop of a hat it could be you or me . It's really scary that one of the few industries that is booming is the gun business.

Bad Gas!

Very sad.It's starting to hit home in the local neighborhoods...What can be done to generate and ignite small business so more jobs become available?
All this money spent in Washington and not any job increases...It doesn't make sense to me...But I sure won't complain about how rough my day is tommrrow on the pkg car...Blessed to have a good job..

rod

Retired 22 years
...and the lottery, which I call the trailer park retirement plan. Lottery sales are at all time highs.

That reminds me--- I have to check my ticket. ----------If you don't hear from me for a few days its because I haven't got on the internet yet from my private tropical island.:wink2:

705red

Browncafe Steward
We as Americans have to stop foreign companies from coming into america and purchasing American owned companies. These people would most likely still have jobs if they were still airborne express. The Germans have ruined this company, and the lives of long time employees, and why?

because they wanted to charge $6 for a next day air that ups and fedex are charging over $20 for. Dhl is not going under because of the economy, they are going under because they did not charge enough to make a buck! Business 101. IMO

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Where can I help that guy out that makes those custom knives? If we can get enough people interested in his hobby he may be able to support his family.

browndevil

Where can I help that guy out that makes those custom knives? If we can get enough people interested in his hobby he may be able to support his family.
That's not a bad idea. We can drum up some business here and buy his knives. Any collectors out here? It can be our gift to him from us UPSers

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

I believe this is the guy.

Buckskin%20MikeENL.jpg

probellringer

they had a bad business model--trucks overlapping ,$6 for overnight letter ,then high gas was the nail in the coffin,,,,theres alot of bad business models-usps charges 42 cents a stamp -losing tons of money-charge $1 a stamp---stop with penny raises(annoying,inconvenient)people will still buy them and stop delivering 6 days a week --problem fixed....:happy-very: