There is no "I" in TEAM.

hypo hanna

Fred's latest "from the chairman" addressed me as FedEx team member. It's clear that he and I have different ideas on what it means to be a part of a team. To me, a team works together toward a common goal sharing in the sacrifices as well as the rewards. To fast Freddie I am only invited to share in the sacrifice. Record productivity and still more and more pullbacks in pay and benefits.

I guess they are right in that respect, "I" am not a part of his "TEAM".

Glorifiedpackmule

Fred's latest "from the chairman" addressed me as FedEx team member. It's clear that he and I have different ideas on what it means to be a part of a team. To me, a team works together toward a common goal sharing in the sacrifices as well as the rewards. To fast Freddie I am only invited to share in the sacrifice. Record productivity and still more and more pullbacks in pay and benefits.

You should consider yourself lucky to have a job in this economy! Blah blah blah...;-)

hypo hanna

They should consider themselves lucky I'm not actively sabotaging every customer transaction. Not yet at least. For now I'm content to be doing as little as I can. Never doing anything extra to prevent problems I see coming or fix them once they arrive. I'm only concerned with the "I" in this team.

Glorifiedpackmule

They should consider themselves lucky I'm not actively sabotaging every customer transaction. Not yet at least. For now I'm content to be doing as little as I can. Never doing anything extra to prevent problems I see coming or fix them once they arrive. I'm only concerned with the "I" in this team.

I hear ya on that one. No one cares anymore. If upper management isn't going to take us or what we do seriously than why should we? There's no incentive to go the extra mile anymore.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I totally agree with both of you.

The majority of my station feels the same way.

They are not factoring the total collapse of cooperation from front line employees with this massive move to cut our pay and benefits.

All the computer guidance in the world isn't going to help the lack of any care what so ever by the employees, that IS bringing trouble...

Glorifiedpackmule

I totally agree with both of you.

The majority of my station feels the same way.

They are not factoring the total collapse of cooperation from front line employees with this massive move to cut our pay and benefits.

All the computer guidance in the world isn't going to help the lack of any care what so ever by the employees, that IS bringing trouble...

Well ya know the company would be In a lot better shape if us damn front line employees would deliver those apple boxes on time.

hypo hanna

Now every time we get late inbound we are told those apple shipments take priority over every other pkg. Need that stint for surgery? That part to get your assembly line running? That dress for your wedding? Sorry, we have to make sure little Jenny sue has her IPad delivered on time. At least they should be honest with the customers and let them know their pkgs aren't as important as those from Apple.

Glorifiedpackmule

Now every time we get late inbound we are told those apple shipments take priority over every other pkg. Need that stint for surgery? That part to get your assembly line running? That dress for your wedding? Sorry, we have to make sure little Jenny sue has her IPad delivered on time. At least they should be honest with the customers and let them know their pkgs aren't as important as those from Apple.

What gets me about the Apple thing is Bypassing bulk stops, bypassing pharmacies, and bypassing customers that are probably paying full price for priority service. You paid 40 bucks to get that document to your lawyer by 10:30?? Or were sorry... Little jimmy needs his EMPTY iPod return box by 10:30.. STUPID STUPID STUPID. What a joke.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
None of us are. Unless you're in the Memphis upppercrust, or some influential politician who Fred is greasing, forget about. Why they even mail out such ridiculous crap like the "latest from our chairman" is a waste of money and the content is insulting. I'll bet most of these phamplets are tossed in the trash real fast......... where they belong!

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

It was pretty awesome yesterday. Didn't leave the building until 1130 and STILL got messages about making service on the stupid apple packages. Really? Commit time of 1030, leave building at 1130 and make service? I don't have a flying freaking DeLorean my friend.

Glorifiedpackmule

Anybody turn in any sales leads lately?? I'm hearing that the prize has been upped to a full size snicker's bar up from the previous snack size. Not be confused with the giant 2 serving size. How on earth would we make any money handing out giant sized candy bars to anyone who turns In a lead. Also don't forget.. If you turn in 60 leads by the end of the month you'll automatically be registered in a drawing for a pair of purple sun glasses.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Anybody turn in any sales leads lately?? I'm hearing that the prize has been upped to a full size snicker's bar up from the previous snack size. Not be confused with the giant 2 serving size. How on earth would we make any money handing out giant sized candy bars to anyone who turns In a lead. Also don't forget.. If you turn in 60 leads by the end of the month you'll automatically be registered in a drawing for a pair of purple sun glasses.

I guess either my station is really good or really sucking at lead on. Turn in 1 lead and get a candy bar, turn in 2 or more and you get 2 candies and your choice of a cinch sack, a lunch bag or some fauxkleys.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You mean the really cool ones that say "Safety Squad" or something like that, and have the checkered flags on them? God, I want a pair SO bad. I think they cost 10 cents each to make in China.

Few employees I know even turns in Sales Leads either, nor do they make any extra effort at all to fulfill the Purple Promise. Yes, there are a few ass-kissers out there that still do it, but not many. We are rapidly approaching the point where nobody cares, and all of the blowhard PR in the world won't be able to hide what a joke this company has become.

MAKAVELI

You mean the really cool ones that say "Safety Squad" or something like that, and have the checkered flags on them? God, I want a pair SO bad. I think they cost 10 cents each to make in China.

Few employees I know even turns in Sales Leads either, nor do they make any extra effort at all to fulfill the Purple Promise. Yes, there are a few ass-kissers out there that still do it, but not many. We are rapidly approaching the point where nobody cares, and all of the blowhard PR in the world won't be able to hide what a joke this company has become.

I haven't turned in a lead in more than 3 years and I don't plan on it. If you turn in a lead it's more likely to go to ground so foget about it.