There is no Top-Out Anymore

FedEx2000

We have a poster at our station that tells us to stay home if we are sick. Are you saying we should work sick?

No, my point was that people generally get upset when they have to move routes at the last minute, but most of the time it's due to a co-worker calling in sick and is out of their mgr's control.

vantexan

I understand your point, and don't necessarily disagree. That being said, most of those topped out couriers on extended routes paid their dues on those heavy routes before they got the coveted "Retirement Route".

Yes, and they've made considerably more than me the last 12 years with it unlikely I'll ever catch them in the next 20 years. More power to them, but I'd like to share in the rewards of working for FedEx too. Forget the 11 years I worked before I quit. If I and others like me haven't paid our dues in the 12 years since I was rehired, then I'm essentially a second class citizen who is expected to settle for less while working harder.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Yes, and they've made considerably more than me the last 12 years with it unlikely I'll ever catch them in the next 20 years. More power to them, but I'd like to share in the rewards of working for FedEx too. Forget the 11 years I worked before I quit. If I and others like me haven't paid our dues in the 12 years since I was rehired, then I'm essentially a second class citizen who is expected to settle for less while working harder.

Ain't that the truth!

whenIgetthere

No, my point was that people generally get upset when they have to move routes at the last minute, but most of the time it's due to a co-worker calling in sick and is out of their mgr's control.

Actually, being a swing, I usually get moved because a fellow swing may not know enough routes, so the three of us who know them all get screwed!!!!

FedEx2000

BTW I agree with you that with 11 yrs of experience you shouldn't have to come back in at the bottom, most jobs would pay extra b/c you have that experience.

FedEx2000

Actually, being a swing, I usually get moved because a fellow swing may not know enough routes, so the three of us who know them all get screwed!!!!

Unfortunately that's usually how it ends up working, I hope your manager at least recognizes that and takes it in to consideration for BZ's, which we can give money for regardless of what your manager tells you, EOM, getting you that day off last minute or not giving you a PM....something at least.

whenIgetthere

Unfortunately that's usually how it ends up working, I hope your manager at least recognizes that and takes it in to consideration for BZ's, which we can give money for regardless of what your manager tells you, EOM, getting you that day off last minute or not giving you a PM....something at least.

BZ, last minute day off!!!! Ha, ha, ha!! That's a good one!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
BZ, last minute day off!!!! Ha, ha, ha!! That's a good one!!!

The last time I got a paper BZ, I wadded it up and tossed it in the trash after they gave it to me, right in front of the Senior. Worthless. Now, if it had a check attached, that might have been different. Forget the "attaboys". Give me something tangible.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I honestly can't remember the last time anyone at our station got anything tangible along with a BZ.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I got a BZ check last year, and the manager I had at the time was actually a good guy, so he gave me the whole $100 he had for my workgroup and when the whiners started whining, he said "let me see you do all the stuff that he does and we'll talk!"

I was shocked...lol

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I honestly can't remember the last time anyone at our station got anything tangible along with a BZ.
Yep,
It's been at least 1.5 yrs. since I've seen any money with a BZ. In fact, BZs died all together for the last 1.5 yrs.

FedEx2000

BZ's aren't gone, your manager apparently just chooses not to give them......or they are unaware of anything "Above and Beyond" that has been done. You don't usually get one just for showing up and doing the bare minimum to stay off the radar.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
BZ's aren't gone, your manager apparently just chooses not to give them......or they are unaware of anything "Above and Beyond" that has been done. You don't usually get one just for showing up and doing the bare minimum to stay off the radar.

Only the Purple People appreciate a worthless paper BZ. They are just another symbol of the something for nothing mentality of FedEx upper management. I think that paper BZ's resonate with very few employees overall, and make the company look cheap. In a perverse sort of way, paper BZ's make sense given Fred's fascination with the USMC, where something like this would be valuable and respected among your peer group.

Unfortunately for Fred, we're not brainwashed Marines who get wood every time their CO gives them a compliment.

FedEx2000

Only the Purple People appreciate a worthless paper BZ. They are just another symbol of the something for nothing mentality of FedEx upper management. I think that paper BZ's resonate with very few employees overall, and make the company look cheap. In a perverse sort of way, paper BZ's make sense given Fred's fascination with the USMC, where something like this would be valuable and respected among your peer group.

Unfortunately for Fred, we're not brainwashed Marines who get wood every time their CO gives them a compliment.

A simple "Thank You" means more to most people than you seem to think.

vantexan

A simple "Thank You" means more to most people than you seem to think.

Got no raise in 2009, 2% in 2010, will get 3.2% in 2011, and after having to take all my sick days will probably be lucky to get 2.5% in 2012. If I go above and beyond, like working Christmas Day last year or making goal every month last year, both of which got me BZ's, it sure would be appreciated if they threw a little money my way too. Especially since my little 6 month bonus is considerably less than a topped out employee's and always will be. At current rates it'll take me at least 17 years from when I was rehired to make $20hr.