They can take their "Operational Needs" and put em where the sun never shines.

hypo hanna

Just another point for negotiation. I wouldn't expect fedex to raise prices. UPS might take a tougher stance. If they do then we are stuck with the worthless garbage.

SmithBarney

...Or are they going to be a lot more efficient packing? ...
Speaking of packaging, I'm going on 10 years of Amazon labeling issues, does Anyone at FedEx actually report back to Amazon? 50% of my labels are across the seam/flaps of the box and half of those are usually un-scannable because the label has bunched up or torn..

CJinx

What's everyone's guess with the new Ground Dims by both Fedex and UPS regarding Amazon starting '15? Are they gonna be exempt from the new dims?
I was chatting up an account rep the other day and she said that she wouldn't be surprised if high profile shippers ended up exempt from the new dim weight shipping rules, at least temporarily.
Speaking of packaging, I'm going on 10 years of Amazon labeling issues, does Anyone at FedEx actually report back to Amazon? 50% of my labels are across the seam/flaps of the box and half of those are usually un-scannable because the label has bunched up or torn..
Been beating that dead horse for years. Don't you love it when the label is placed lengthwise along the edge of a box? How are you supposed to scan it? lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have the same problem here----thankfully we have a feature called Find BC which allows us to enter a portion of the tracking number and the DIAD lets us select the correct 1Z. Much easier than typing 18 characters.

hypo hanna

We have the same problem here----thankfully we have a feature called Find BC which allows us to enter a portion of the tracking number and the DIAD lets us select the correct 1Z. Much easier than typing 18 characters.
You guys are light years ahead of us with technology and I bet we spend more on it than UPS.

CJinx

The technology is there to do it; the MC55A's that QA clerks use can locate barcodes using a fraction of the original and the zip code. I don't think the same thing is available on the STAR IV but it is not out of the realm of possibility.