They going to fire me tomorrow.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
You are going to be ok brother. It's not like you tried to soak the pkg. you sent it In as a misload. They may try to give you progressive discipline for it, but you won't lose your job. Just don't lie. About anything!!! They will try to catch you in a lie, if you lie, you will be fired. Relax. Have a beer, and make sure to scan every pkg on your car from now on.
Or, not 'sorting' the car & looking for misloads before a cutoff time. Make sure your steward witnesses how they answer 'How should I enter the time spent sorting the car?'.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Not picking an argument but are you saying I should sheet it missed? If so as soon as I do that I will be instructed to void it and bring to the office and to never do it again. I say that because it has happened. So I WAD
HERE, we send it in under message to center, misload, can or cannot deliver. Take a picture, cya.When you get back to the building, sheet it as missed.

Whargoul

HERE, we send it in under message to center, misload, can or cannot deliver. Take a picture, cya.When you get back to the building, sheet it as missed.

Yes, this is how it is for me. I can't sheet as missed because they flip their :censored2:ing lid when I do that - even when I sheet obviously damaged packages as missed and inform the center via diad. They tell me to sheet damages as refused which is dishonest and could get me in trouble if the customer see's and complains.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes, this is how it is for me. I can't sheet as missed because they flip their :censored2:ing lid when I do that - even when I sheet obviously damaged packages as missed and inform the center via diad. They tell me to sheet damages as refused which is dishonest and could get me in trouble if the customer see's and complains.
Do you tell them that's dishonest?

Overpaid Union Thug

Man I'm all upset. I was driving home and one of my sups called me up and starts yelling at me that I left a misload in my car tonight that was not sheeted ( it was scanned and sent in as misload ). Claims they sent me a msg to deliver it but that is not true. I went back to the center and asked the sup to show me the msg they claim they sent me and they said they had no record of it. They showed me a picture they took of the misload I left in the truck. I was in the office the other day because they said I had 4 no scans but the center manager said he did not know if those were actually on my truck. Anyway they sounded like they were going to try and fire me for it - told me to come in early tomarrow. Everyday I try my best to do the job by the methods I am not trying to be dishonest at all. Do you guys have any advice. I probably wont get any sleep tonight.

So far I see two incidents where they were without proof. The first being the message they supposedly sent you. The second is where you mentioned the other day where the center manager admitted he didn't know if the no cans were even on your truck. Bring this up if you need to.

You do need to sheet each and every package before you get back to the building. That way you are covering your ass and you are putting them in the position where in order to be dishonest they'll have to do it without you and with no way of later throwing you under the bus for it. Because you didn't sheet it so you SHOULD only get a warning letter at most. But I think they'd be wasting their time doing so.

What time did you scan it as a misload?

Holydriver

First of all they can't harass you. File
And just keep filing. Second it's all anonymous
it may be anonymous but think of it like this "hi, this package with tracking number xxx was sheeted as EC when it was supposed to be missed. oh, how do i know that this specific package was recorded this way? was it on my truck? uhh....well....no...uh...i heard from the driver...yea...uh...welll........... "

of course they could narrow it down

Brownslave688

it may be anonymous but think of it like this "hi, this package with tracking number xxx was sheeted as EC when it was supposed to be missed. oh, how do i know that this specific package was recorded this way? was it on my truck? uhh....well....no...uh...i heard from the driver...yea...uh...welll........... "

of course they could narrow it down
It's the freaking ethics hotline. It's not like they are going to call your management team and say hey we heard you falsified records on package X.

Come on now. Not how it works.

Holydriver

It's the freaking ethics hotline. It's not like they are going to call your management team and say hey we heard you falsified records on package X.

Come on now. Not how it works.
yea good point. my problem is that i read too many of these UPS forum convos and now i dont trust management at all. i mean, i like my supe. hes a good guy and i think he generally wants the best for his minions. but ever since i got on BC ive been thinking he is out to get me

Brownslave688

yea good point. my problem is that i read too many of these UPS forum convos and now i dont trust management at all. i mean, i like my supe. hes a good guy and i think he generally wants the best for his minions. but ever since i got on BC ive been thinking he is out to get me
Lol I totally understand that.

Only know because I've used the hotline and know others that have.

Mostly all it will do is give them a red flag to keep a closer eye on things.

L

Littlearrowdown

Sheet as misload, if you hear nothing bring into the office and ask instructions how to sheet the package. Have them send message in Diad and take pic of the message. C.Y.A.

Whargoul

So far I see two incidents where they were without proof. The first being the message they supposedly sent you. The second is where you mentioned the other day where the center manager admitted he didn't know if the no cans were even on your truck. Bring this up if you need to.

You do need to sheet each and every package before you get back to the building. That way you are covering your ass and you are putting them in the position where in order to be dishonest they'll have to do it without you and with no way of later throwing you under the bus for it. Because you didn't sheet it so you SHOULD only get a warning letter at most. But I think they'd be wasting their time doing so.

What time did you scan it as a misload?

I scanned this misload that they took the picture of today after my first stop around 930. They knew I was not going to be able to make delivery on it. The diad prompts this question if able to deliver, I selected no.

wayfair

swollen member
That's what it is. I know the center

I scanned this misload that they took the picture of today after my first stop around 930. They knew I was not going to be able to make delivery on it. The diad prompts this question if able to deliver, I selected no.
that only takes the selected stop out of the board that the pkg info is in.... you still have to treat it as a delivery then select missed as the disposition.... sheet it up twice.... if a shuttle comes to retrieve package, and if instructed to, void the stop... take notes here if you need to as to who is giving the orders and they are in control

Ms.PacMan

Damaged and ups damaged are different. I don't think sheeting it refused is dishonest. You're supposed to ask the customer if they want the package and add DAMAGE in the remarks column if they take it (DIAD training). If they don't want it then refused is the appropriate designation as far as drivers are concerned. It's then up to the damage clerk to go thru his/her checklist to determine if the damage is a claim or not and follow his directives regarding what to do with the package.

Were instructed to bring misloads back to the bldg. I figure that new language about not being held responsible for supes recording under my name protects me, regardless how they choose to sheet it then. I'm punched out and nothing is left in EDD if I've sent it in.

Brownslave688

Damaged and ups damaged are different. I don't think sheeting it refused is dishonest. You're supposed to ask the customer if they want the package and add DAMAGE in the remarks column if they take it (DIAD training). If they don't want it then refused is the appropriate designation as far as drivers are concerned. It's then up to the damage clerk to go thru his/her checklist to determine if the damage is a claim or not and follow his directives regarding what to do with the package.

Were instructed to bring misloads back to the bldg. I figure that new language about not being held responsible for supes recording under my name protects me, regardless how they choose to sheet it then. I'm punched out and nothing is left in EDD if I've sent it in.
It's an integrity issue more than anything but I can see many here don't have much.

JL 0513

Isn't it amazing that every center seems to do everything differently. Should there not be uniform policies on every single thing we do as UPS drivers, particularly as it pertains to how packages are sheeted? Lot's of guys here casually just say, sheet it missed! While many of us know we get into trouble for ever sheeting something missed. In my center, the missed button on our DIAD might as well not exist, along with the "damaged" key that you can't use.

We are set up to fail. We have guidelines and policies in place but because of damn reports and the management chain reaction, center management instructs us that we can't sheet missed because then they have to answer for it from above. Why does upper management have to question everything? All it does is promote falsification. A center manager can deal with missed packages and such internally. Not the end of the world.

We as drivers should never have to fear sheeting everything exactly as it is. Missed, damaged, whatever. Yet, it is set up so that we get in trouble both ways.