They said they would hire me?

Akif Moreno

Applied for the package handler job and attended the tour and got hired a couple interviews later. HR said they would give me a call to start my training, and after two months I still got no call. My application status is "on file". A friend of mine applied for the same job a month after and started working a week later. Is the hiring system at UPS this flawed? I visited the warehouse three times to talk to HR and they always say the same thing: wait for a call. Should I just give up and search for a job elsewhere?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Applied for the package handler job and attended the tour and got hired a couple interviews later. HR said they would give me a call to start my training, and after two months I still got no call. My application status is "on file". A friend of mine applied for the same job a month after and started working a week later. Is the hiring system at UPS this flawed? I visited the warehouse three times to talk to HR and they always say the same thing: wait for a call. Should I just give up and search for a job elsewhere?
I would wait for a call....and apply for other jobs in the meantime...

Lol

Kind of the same thing happened to me. I am a PT package handler. I went through the interview and once my background check went through, the hr interviewer said that he would contact me for orientation. If I didn't call myself I think that I would have had to wait longer to start working. It all depends on YOU. YOU have to call them to show interest in the job. I started last night at 4 AM - 9 AM.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Kind of the same thing happened to me. I am a PT package handler. I went through the interview and once my background check went through, the hr interviewer said that he would contact me for orientation. If I didn't call myself I think that I would have had to wait longer to start working. It all depends on YOU. YOU have to call them to show interest in the job. I started last night at 4 AM - 9 AM.
He said he showed up there 3 times and spoke with HR....you think he should start calling too? lol

Akif Moreno

I went to the warehouse to talk to them. I think it's quite obvious I'm interested in the job.

Akif Moreno

When you talked to them directly, what did they say to you?...
I asked for a follow-up on my application and said I did not receive a call back to start my training. HR said not everyone gets hired right away, which I understand, but my friend applied a while back and is now working at the same position. I really don't understand why they would hire him right away when my application long done.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I asked for a follow-up on my application and said I did not receive a call back to start my training. HR said not everyone gets hired right away, which I understand, but my friend applied a while back and is now working at the same position. I really don't understand why they would hire him right away when my application long done.
They don't owe you a job because you filled out an application.

Akif Moreno

They don't owe you a job because you filled out an application.
Man, business is tough these days. Anyways, I'll go job hunting somewhere else. Wish me luck.

Then again, why would they put their applicants through all of that if they're simply going to be turned down without notification? Doesn't seem like a smooth place.

Lol

Yeah man, it's difficult and annoying now a days to get a job. Keep trying, and one will come! Just make sure that you like what you do and do what you love.

Yes & yes

They might be annoyed by you. Don't take this personally.