They took my ride!!!

filthpig

They took my ride as part of a "fuel initiative". Sent it to some other center. Man I was cheesed about that.
And this is a note to all of you lazy turds who don't write up problems in the DVIR: DO IT!!! Someone else has to ride that car with the loose seat and the mirrors that won't stay in position!! It's not like you're going to have to do the repairs.

pakmule

A roller dog for lunch
I feel your pain. I had a p57 Freightliner diesel for 2 years. Great fuel economy,rode like a Cadillac on bumpy dirt roads. It got sent to another center. In turn I got the "Workhorse Chassis" p57 with the gas guzzling v8. This thing should be called "Bucking Bronco Chassis"- a freakin pogo stick on wheels. Whoever made the decision to purchase this fleet of trucks should be forced to ride with me for 2 weeks:angry:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One of the nice things about pulling a pup trailer is that---no matter what---they cant take your car away from you. I have to have a hitch car, and all the hitch cars we have are the newer 665-series diesels. If my car gets pulled for repairs or PMI, I get another one just like it for the day. They cant stick me with a P5 or an old P10 with no power steering.:happy-very:

New Englander

I feel your pain. I had a p57 Freightliner diesel for 2 years. Great fuel economy,rode like a Cadillac on bumpy dirt roads. It got sent to another center. In turn I got the "Workhorse Chassis" p57 with the gas guzzling v8. This thing should be called "Bucking Bronco Chassis"- a freakin pogo stick on wheels. Whoever made the decision to purchase this fleet of trucks should be forced to ride with me for 2 weeks:angry:

The Workhorse is much better. Once they change the shocks out.

S

speeddemon

I've been here 20 years and Im still riding a P800 with no power steering and manual transmission. Looking forward to that rotater cuff surgery Im gonna have due to that steering killing my arms. Which leads me to another thing. Why do they keep sending us used up P700's that stay red tagged half the damn time. I tell ya, the longer I am with this company, it just reafirms how ignorant the people at the top really are to the ACTUAL needs of its workers.

pakmule

A roller dog for lunch
The Workhorse is much better. Once they change the shocks out.
The shocks were changed out when the top shock mounting brackets broke. The stiff leaf springs up front combined with a short wheel base is brutal. One in our center had the engine support frame crack in two places. I wonder how long before my spine is cracked in two places. I got to get a suspesion seat mounted in this beast.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I've been here 20 years and Im still riding a P800 with no power steering and manual transmission. Looking forward to that rotater cuff surgery Im gonna have due to that steering killing my arms. Which leads me to another thing. Why do they keep sending us used up P700's that stay red tagged half the damn time. I tell ya, the longer I am with this company, it just reafirms how ignorant the people at the top really are to the ACTUAL needs of its workers.
Those 8oo's are brutal, is yours the one with the e/brake on top of your knee,also the stick shift is almost out the passenger door and the drivers seat is almost out in the street worst vehicle ever I drove in my 2o yrs!! they did have some diesel 800's that were newer and a good ride,but no balls!!

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Which one is the short, gas powered with no PS, manual? I did my road test in that.

I have driven close to every model truck ever made - that was the worst vehicle I have ever driven. (One of my personal vehicles is a 1953 Dodge Cargo van - power nothing, bias tires, and it could have kicked that UPS vehicles butt)

New Englander

The shocks were changed out when the top shock mounting brackets broke. The stiff leaf springs up front combined with a short wheel base is brutal. One in our center had the engine support frame crack in two places. I wonder how long before my spine is cracked in two places. I got to get a suspesion seat mounted in this beast.

Really.....we have 5 of them now. 2 Gas and 3 Diesel. We had 2 of the Freightliner P57's prior to that.

These new ones turn on an absolute dime, the e-brake is in the absolute best place for one and your not sitting down in the cab so that your first movement is UP out of the seat.

They don't have the absolutely stupid rear door design that takes 4 hours for a mechanic to disconnect just to replace the plastic pulleys or clean the grit out of the channels so the doors open and close in the winter.

Trust me....both of our P57's could not handle our rural routes and were absolutely falling apart at 100,000 miles.

Having logged many miles in a FL P57 and now using these Work Horses....I'll take these new ones any day!

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
How did they take your ride your name is not on the title its ups's and they can take and give what they wont
But benefits are great i think your talking about the p500 wost pkg car ever made

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
But benefits are great i think your talking about the p500 wost pkg car ever made

Bryishre,
I would have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. The P-800 with its higher step and capacity has to be worse than a P5. I hate them with a passion, no telling how many knee and ankle problems these things have caused. Below is a pic from my profile album.

I haven't noticed any cars being swapped around for fuel mileage where I am at.
IMG_0834.jpg

upsgrunt

Bryishre,
I would have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. The P-800 with its higher step and capacity has to be worse than a P5. I hate them with a passion, no telling how many knee and ankle problems these things have caused. Below is a pic from my profile album.

I haven't noticed any cars being swapped around for fuel mileage where I am at.

I would have to agree; it is so hard to understand why the step height is so high on the 800's. You almost need a ladder to get in the things, and sometimes just to reach the handrail.

IMHO, the P6's were just as bad, if not worse, than the P8s. They just couldn't cram as many packages in the 600, although try they did.

filthpig

How did they take your ride your name is not on the title its ups's and they can take and give what they wont
Oh wow. I guess you're right. I never really knew it wasn't actually MINE. I guess that's why they got so mad when I sold one a few years ago. Never could figure out why they were so angry. Thanks to your insightful post, I now understand.

leastbest

LeastBest
The reason the step height on those old 800s is so high they were designed for serious bulk stops. In the old days we would use them at Penneys or Sears. They were designed for 4 - 6 stops a day. Not meant for residential deliver.

Randy
www.leastbest.com

ups79

The reason the step height on those old 800s is so high they were designed for serious bulk stops. In the old days we would use them at Penneys or Sears. They were designed for 4 - 6 stops a day. Not meant for residential deliver.

Randy
www.leastbest.com

Don't know what you are talking about. During peak I was delivering 400 per day out of, not 4. This was between 1979-2000, when I finally got a diesel.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Yeah they took my ride too . . . but they gave me a gently used Workhorse P57 in it's place. My right elbow hasn't felt this good since the day i started here.