They want it both ways

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
i was told by our mechanic that chains are to ONLY be used to get out when we are stuck or going up a hill that requires using chains, but when we get out from being stuck or over the hill we need to take them off and should not keep driving with them, and they always told us to never put them on the front tires.....one made the comment of asking and they laughed....

The kind of chains we have cant be installed once you are stuck. You have to lay them out in front of the tires, drive onto them, and then wrap them around and connect them. Then after driving a few miles you tighten them down with Bungee cords.

They are heavy duty and designed to be driven on all day. I installed chains on my back tires on Monday morning, and on the front end on Wednesday. I didnt remove them all week. They are still on there.

It takes 15 or 20 minutes to properly install chains, 30-40 if you do all four tires. You have to crawl around under the truck and get wet and filthy. Once you put them on, you leave them on, even if it means driving around on bare pavement. I have neither the time nor the desire to install and remove them multiple times throughout the day.

MobileBA

I am in feeder locally soberups with you, I have learned to chain up 6 axles at night on the highway under 15 minutes. Getting cold and hit by others is a great motivator of getting it done.