Thievin' customer

ol'browneye

I just have to vent! I delivered a pkg to a guy last Wed. and got a driver follow-up on Friday for that stop. I just figured that communications got crossed and I must have delivered this pkg after the guy called the shipper asking where his pkg was. I was wrong! This guy claims he didn't get the pkg even though I handed it to him. He claims he wasn't even home! I was very careful not to call him a liar. I said "Are you serious? You don't remember walking out that door right there and meeting me right there to get your pkg?" "No, I wasn't here." I said, "You were wearing a dark blue uniform shirt like you just got off work." "No, wasn't me. I wasn't here." I said, "I had trouble getting turned around because there was a van parked there." "No, that van wasn't here cause I was driving it that day and I wasn't here." I said, "Then it was your twin brother." "No, I have a couple brothers but they're both in the state pen." I asked again, "You're serious?" "I wasn't here man." I said, "Okay, sign here please."
LP got involved and are supposed to be filing a police report tomorrow so we can get the sheriff involved. This guy is unreal. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The worst part about this is the guys' teenage son was standing there when I handed him the pkg and was also home and probably listening to our conversation on Friday.
I forgot to bring up to the guy that I called out his name when he came out to get the pkg and he said, "Yeah that's me."

yeldarb

I had something similar years ago and I told the guy that because I know he received the package, I was going to notify the police and that they would be there with loss prevention. I got a message on the ODS that "he found the package". I never dr'd there again. I always got a signature.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Did you inform him going forward that he will be required to sign for all packages to his house? This is the part where you shrug your shoulders and let your management team worry about it, that's why they get paid the big bucks, you get yours by delivering.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Did you inform him going forward that he will be required to sign for all packages to his house? This is the part where you shrug your shoulders and let your management team worry about it, that's why they get paid the big bucks, you get yours by delivering.
i dont get that personal, if they are thieving liars, I dont put myself at risk to prove it. I say you will have to sign every time you have a delivery, and if you are not here, it goes back. I dont mention the 3 attempts/. Sometimes Ill stop and there is a loose dog, or sometimes I sneak to the door, and you dont hear me. But if you are not here, you will never ever get a dr again. I have not had many claims in my years. And when I do, it will never happen twice.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
i dont get that personal, if they are thieving liars, I dont put myself at risk to prove it. I say you will have to sign every time you have a delivery, and if you are not here, it goes back. I dont mention the 3 attempts/. Sometimes Ill stop and there is a loose dog, or sometimes I sneak to the door, and you dont hear me. But if you are not here, you will never ever get a dr again. I have not had many claims in my years. And when I do, it will never happen twice.
I do the same thing. In our area anyone that has a negative follow up gets thier address on the no dr screen where you can't dr in the DIAD. LP puts it in there, not me. Like yourself, I just do my part of a quality delivery, anything past that is a management problem. Much like management wants me to work for my days pay, I expect no less from management and I'm not here to pick up thier slack.

ol'browneye

The OMS is putting him on "signature only" even if he eventually "finds" the pkg. Fine with me, this guy's a p.o.s. Ever heard the term "deny til you die"? I'm sure he will give the police the same story. It's basically my word against his...unless his son grows a conscience. But I'm sure the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The only thing I dont get follow ups on is vacant houses, where someone walks up with and ID. Imagine that.

ol'browneye

i dont get that personal, if they are thieving liars, I dont put myself at risk to prove it.

Same here. That's why I was careful not to come right out and call him a liar. I didn't want to get into a fight with the guy right there on his front porch. This p.o.s. wasn't worth losing my job over. I figured that I did my job and management can take it from here!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Prob a $5 DVD also lol. People are pretty amazing. I'm not god I can't fix stupid that's what keeps me from letting about 10 people a day have it!!!!!

brown bomber

brown bomber
if the package is delivered across the state line, then there are additional agencies (federal) involved.......drop this on the next thieving bastard or bastardette...this might help with their recall

ol'browneye

The person at that address would never get a DR again.... signature only

Apparently this guy knows the system. He said he usually has to sign for stuff. He just moved into this rented trailer a month or two ago and this was the first delivery I had for him at this address. So my guess is, wherever he moved from, he had done the same thing there. I guess he believes the first one is always free because he can deny he got it. After that, he signs. This happened to be a performance chip. I am assuming it was for one of the two diesel Fords sitting in the yard. The driver follow-up showed a value of only $99. It must not have been insured because I think those things are usually a lot more than that.

barnyard

KTM rider
My 1st or 2nd peak I delivered a rug to the wrong house. Correct number, wrong street. I got a follow up a couple of days later and went to the house. I remembered leaving it there and by their expressions, I knew they had it. They were not going to admit it, so it was a paid claim.

You would think that would be the end of the story, but it is not.

A couple of months later, I was doing the same route and the house where I misdelivered had a NDA adult sig required. I left an info notice the 1st day and attempted again when I was delivering resis in the area. The 2nd day, their kids were home and said, "Mom and dad said I could sign for it." Me, "I need to see an ID. Nope, I can only deliver to someone over 21. Sorry."

The 3rd day the mom was home. "Why couldn't you leave the this with my kids???? This is a huge check and we HAVE to have this money."

Me, "A couple of months ago, I delivered a package here that went to another house, I know I left it here. There is no way I am bending the rules for someone that got me disciplined (I lied, but they did not know that)." I went on, "Live your life with honesty and people will always make life easier for you."

She signed and gave me a big old 'FU'.

I hope they are enjoying their rug.