Things customers should know

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I'm gonna Leave your 16 foot 80lb rug near your garage with out a doorbell. Whenever you order wine please be home on the designated delivery day according to the email you got.. Please clear a path in your carport so I can drag your oversized pottery barn boxes to a safe place. Don't sign the back of the delivery notice, its not my fault they haven't been updated in 10 years. And please tell your college kid coming back from graduation or didn't make it to pack that shh in a sturdy box, not one he or she has found at the local liquor store.

Pkgcar1988

Today: dr'd pkg front porch back in truck ready to leave when customer comes out of house waving her arms frantically. Shut off truck and ask if I can help her.
Customer: this was suppose to be here Friday. I paid for next day service and ordered it Wednesday. (It was a Nda saver)
Me: well you will have to call the shipper and request your shipping fees be refunded but my guess is they didn't ship it until Friday.
Customer: isn't there anything you can do about it?
Me: nope, sorry for your inconvenience.
Customer: turns and says something and stomps to the house shaking her head.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
No I don't deliver to your neighborhood.... 4O miles away.
Yeah, I had a waiter at a restaurant I was delivering to today tell me it was his last day, but that he was starting a new job 3 towns away, but he was sure I deliver there too so he'd see me at his new job. I smiled and waved as I thought to myself I wouldn't be delivering to your new job if you got a job 3 blocks away (city route).

upsbeernut

Yeah, I had a waiter at a restaurant I was delivering to today tell me it was his last day, but that he was starting a new job 3 towns away, but he was sure I deliver there too so he'd see me at his new job. I smiled and waved as I thought to myself I wouldn't be delivering to your new job if you got a job 3 blocks away (city route).
I love the obvious but the customer has no idea. They think our route is in a 100 mile radius.

cooperjake

Ohh this thing (diad) is hot...
Where do I sign....Mrs you've turned the diad upside down please sign it the way I handed it to you..
I need those boxes over,up,down,under here...
I paid for that with my cc why is it cod..I'm calling them right now...Mamn it doesn't matter what they say..

upsbeernut

Ohh this thing (diad) is hot...
Where do I sign....Mrs you've turned the diad upside down please sign it the way I handed it to you..
I need those boxes over,up,down,under here...
I paid for that with my cc why is it cod..I'm calling them right now...Mamn it doesn't matter what they say..
. Maybe this forum ought to be crazy things customer say and so and do repeatedly .

wayfair

swollen member
I did knock. I knocked 10 times, yes I counted, and I rang your doorbell twice, as I filled out the delivery notice telling you who it was for and from who was sending it... I actually circled the number on the back so you could call if you wanted to pick your package up

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You have to yell ups If they ask who it is , its a safety issue cause the public trusts us due to the good image and brand recognition.
and because everyone who yells UPS back is definitely UPS? :) I refuse to yell. Not through a door...not up to the fourth floor...not across a yard. I'll say UPS through a door. If you scream WHO again without looking out the peephole I see right in front of me or the blinds in the window next to me or the little window above your door that I'm looking at you through while you're continuing to sit in your recliner, then you will see, er...hear me again tomorrow around this time.

Ms.PacMan

Are you my driver? They told me I could find him in this area but you're a girl....I have no idea why they stop me. Do they really think that the adult they talked to at UPS is confused about pronouns?

I know it's a rental but wash the filthy door window anyway so the delivery notice will stick.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Are you my driver? They told me I could find him in this area but you're a girl....I have no idea why they stop me. Do they really think that the adult they talked to at UPS is confused about pronouns?

I know it's a rental but wash the filthy door window anyway so the delivery notice will stick.
If it's a disgustingly dirty door then the person can't be bothered...and as such I really don't care if the infonotice sticks or not.

upsbeernut

and because everyone who yells UPS back is definitely UPS? :) I refuse to yell. Not through a door...not up to the fourth floor...not across a yard. I'll say UPS through a door. If you scream WHO again without looking out the peephole I see right in front of me or the blinds in the window next to me or the little window above your door that I'm looking at you through while you're continuing to sit in your recliner, then you will see, er...hear me again tomorrow around this time.
Yes just at the door cause most people even hate that obnoxious loud knock . You don't want to scare anybody but you can forget that honk every time you stop.