Things said in front of customers.

Indecisi0n

If there is a bush in the back...you're doing it wrong.

0811_beachbush_460x276.jpg

201371169_1932e0ae1c_b.jpg
I like it.

FilingBluesFL

One of the cute nurses says to me, "You look hot." I stopped, winked at her (making sure everyone else saw) and said, "Thank you. You're not too bad yourself," and kept on walking.

If I walk in some place, and it seems like a real friendly office, sometimes the gals will compliment me on the floppy hat I wear (the wide brimmed UPS hat we now get). Usually it's a "Hey, I like that hat!"

So I'll reply, "Thanks, see anything else you like?" And I'll start flexing and posing for 'em and kinda doing some Mr. Universe moves or something lol

I'm a fat pasty white giner, so if that helps with the visual at all lol

I did this to some dudes in a construction office a few weeks ago... didn't get nearly as much laughs as I thought I would.... The dudes were kinda dumbfounded but the chickies liked it lol

SCV good to go sir.

I learned my first month that you don't walk into a funeral home yelling Hello UPS at the top of your lungs !! The director set me straight on that right away !!

What do you do in that situation?

I made the same mistake and all she said was "You're new aren't you?"
"Yeah, can I get a signature please?"
She signed it but she looked pissed off, so did the family in the room.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What do you do in that situation?

I made the same mistake and all she said was "You're new aren't you?"
"Yeah, can I get a signature please?"
She signed it but she looked :censored2: off, so did the family in the room.

"What you do" is work out an arrangement with the funeral home owner for an alternate delivery site within the building to avoid what you described above.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"What you do" is work out an arrangement with the funeral home owner for an alternate delivery site within the building to avoid what you described above.
The funeral home in my loop has pre-signed delivery notices on a table by the rear service entrance for precisely this reason. The only problem I ever had there was on the occasion when they had accidentally left the door to the adjacent prep room open. Yuck!

PT Car Washer

The funeral home in my loop has pre-signed delivery notices on a table by the rear service entrance for precisely this reason. The only problem I ever had there was on the occasion when they had accidentally left the door to the adjacent prep room open. Yuck!
A lot of Saturdays I will have a delivery for a funeral home downtown. I try and always make it one of my first stops and the packages are shipper release so I leave them back by floral delivery.

box_beeyotch

One time a I delivered flowers to a lady in an office, she goes "flowers from where? I haven't slept with anybody recently." So I replied with "well I figured I'd buy you flowers first"....and you can see where that ended up *gives thumbs up*

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One time a I delivered flowers to a lady in an office, she goes "flowers from where? I haven't slept with anybody recently." So I replied with "well I figured I'd buy you flowers first"....and you can see where that ended up *gives thumbs up*

You are way too new in the game to making jokes like this.

box_beeyotch

All it takes is one person who doesn't share your sense of humor for you to be on the outside looking in.

That's fine. My personality doesn't change based upon what other people agree or disagree with. Remind me again why what I say and do with my customers is any of your concern? You might be a vet, but you're not my boss or my father. Now thank you for the advice I suppose, and have a good evening.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I gotta agree with upstate. All it takes is one person to be "offended" and your next comment will be "do you want fries with that?"

Dr.Brownz

That's fine. My personality doesn't change based upon what other people agree or disagree with. Remind me again why what I say and do with my customers is any of your concern? You might be a vet, but you're not my boss or my father. Now thank you for the advice I suppose, and have a good evening.

As much of an Ass-Clown as upstate is...I agree with him. I will only make jokes like that to people I knew before I started delivering them UPS. (I live in a tiny town where half the people I del to are people I went to high school with)

box_beeyotch

As much of an Ass-Clown as upstate is...I agree with him. I will only make jokes like that to people I knew before I started delivering them UPS. (I live in a tiny town where half the people I del to are people I went to high school with)

Same here, small town where I personally know most of the customers I see regularly as a cover driver from school and or previous jobs. Also to a point I agree, you cant just say anything, but when a lady innitiates the convo by making a sexual innuendo, Damn right I'm coming right back with one. However when someone is pissed off or yelling/cursing at me I don't acknowledge or reply with a single word, because that pisses them off more.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I did the classic pull up to a house with a bunch of cars parked out front. Lady opens the door and I say I have a package for Joe----looks like he is having a party. She says Joe died last night. (exit 2 inches tall)
Had a monthly wine delivery to a real nice guy every month. He wasn't home 2 days in a row. 3rd day woman came to door, I said hey ! Where's my buddy so and so! He made me come here 3 days in a row,silence........tears........he passed away. ........deep lump in my throat.....I apologized , told her what a great guy he was,she offered me the wine said she diddnt want it .....I felt so bad for weeks.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Also to a point I agree, you cant just say anything, but when a lady innitiates the convo by making a sexual innuendo, Damn right I'm coming right back with one. However when someone is :censored2: off or yelling/cursing at me I don't acknowledge or reply with a single word, because that pisses them off more.

Sorry, but we live in the YouTube age now. Pretty much everyone has a smart phone. If the encounter is somehow being recorded, her innuendo can easily be edited out and you could wind up looking and sounding like a pervert in front of a worldwide audience before you even make it to your next stop.