aspenleaf

I know the drivers have tons of things that bug them and we preloaders may cause a few of those issues; however we also have things that bother us. . .

1. Add/cuts that are given to us when we are wrapping up our trucks.

2. A huge add with smeared writing so we have no clue where it goes on the truck.

3. Rude drivers who think that you caused all their issues (I don't have this problem but a few loaders on my line do).

4. Supervisors who would rather talk amongst themselves than answer your questions or get you the form the haz mat package that appeared with out papers.

5. Supervisors who load your haz mat package after you set it aside since it was missing the auditor’s signature, date and SLIC (and they load it on a shelf!)

6. Co-workers who when they have empty cages stand around and refuse to help you when you are slammed.

7. Having an hour worth of work taken away (due to a cut) and getting in trouble for having a low PPH.

I am sure there are many more. . .

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I know the drivers have tons of things that bug them and we preloaders may cause a few of those issues; however we also have things that bother us. . .

1. Add/cuts that are given to us when we are wrapping up our trucks.
Slow reaction on the part of the dispatch supervior. Suggestion...Make sure he's caffeinated.

2. A huge add with smeared writing so we have no clue where it goes on the truck.
The clammy hands of the part time sup bringing you the add-pull and perhaps getting a little too excited that the end of the shift is near. Make him read it to you..:laugh:

3. Rude drivers who think that you caused all their issues (I don't have this problem but a few loaders on my line do).
Communication is probably why you don't have a problem. Other problems could be that the driver was arguing with his significant other when he or she left home and in lew of kicking the dog... yeah, he beat up his preloader. Unacceptable:blushing:

4. Supervisors who would rather talk amongst themselves than answer your questions or get you the form the haz mat package that appeared with out papers.
Lazy, and inconsiderate. Sick those ticked offed drivers on them.

5. Supervisors who load your haz mat package after you set it aside since it was missing the auditor’s signature, date and SLIC (and they load it on a shelf!)
Tell them hands off or your gonna file a grievance for them performing hourly work...more importantly just tell them they annoy you when they get in your way.

6. Co-workers who when they have empty cages stand around and refuse to help you when you are slammed.
Tell them next time you bring in the krispy kreme doughnuts they're at the bottom of the list.

7. Having an hour worth of work taken away (due to a cut) and getting in trouble for having a low PPH.
Your sup should know that that adjustment had to be made because of volume... So when he brings it up just remind him that you're the best.

I am sure there are many more. . .

Hopefully this will help :thumbup1:

Last edited:

canon

Rude drivers who think that you caused all their issues (I don't have this problem but a few loaders on my line do).[/COLOR]
I've never understood this either. Maybe it's been so long since the drivers worked preload, they still remember it the way it was back then. It was pretty bad when I worked on the belt, but nothing like you all have it now.

I used to have an 8:30 start time, and the preloaders would still be scrambling to keep up with the add/cuts at almost 9:00. Just as I would be ready to leave, they'd have to try to find 15 pieces buried in the middle of the load somewhere. Used to be we were trained to only handle the package one time... now there are days I see three different pal labels and finally a handwritten correction.

Always gave $50 gift certificate to my loader at christmas.

HazMatMan

Don't forget that pepsi bottle that the driver filled with urine and left on the shelf!! We actually had a car washer pour it on the drivers seat...

over9five

Staff member
"Sick those ticked offed drivers on them."

LOL!

"Don't forget that pepsi bottle that the driver filled with urine and left on the shelf!! We actually had a car washer pour it on the drivers seat..."

I hope it wasn't from a cover driver...
Anyhow, that makes me sick! Why would anyone pee in the back of their truck? Did they wash their hands before they touched the DIAD or stylus?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
"Don't forget that pepsi bottle that the driver filled with urine and left on the shelf!! We actually had a car washer pour it on the drivers seat..."

I hope it wasn't from a cover driver...
Anyhow, that makes me sick! Why would anyone pee in the back of their truck? Did they wash their hands before they touched the DIAD or stylus?

One reason for the pee bottles, or "trucker bombs" as they are called outside in the civilian world, is the fact that some route's are a little scarce on public restrooms. Its nice on a rural route, you can just find a handy tree! About the worst thing I found one morning was a DR bag somebody peed in. Lots of trashcans, dumpsters, and other places that would be a better place to dump these out!

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ever hear of Purell? Hand sanitizing wipes. I carry them just for the sick people who handle my Diad and pen. Dont know if it works, but I have had a cold, a bad one only once in 4 yrs. And A tree doesnt much help me, so my number one rule is NEVER PASS UP A CHANCE TO PEE.

HazMatMan

One reason for the pee bottles, or "trucker bombs" as they are called outside in the civilian world, is the fact that some route's are a little scarce on public restrooms. Its nice on a rural route, you can just find a handy tree! About the worst thing I found one morning was a DR bag somebody peed in. Lots of trashcans, dumpsters, and other places that would be a better place to dump these out!

I understand the reason for peeing in a bottle, BUT, please take it with you at the end of the day and discard it in the trash....

browniehound

Ok, I know most drivers on rurul routes have had to use a pee bottle in the past, but is there anyone here that was so far out in the middle of no-where and had to go soooo bad that they did number 2 in a DR bag? I've heard of it done before as gross as it may sound:sad:

canon

Ok, I know most drivers on rurul routes have had to use a pee bottle in the past, but is there anyone here that was so far out in the middle of no-where and had to go soooo bad that they did number 2 in a DR bag? I've heard of it done before as gross as it may sound:sad:

Not yet for me, but I'll keep u posted.

aspenleaf

Okay I will never complain about the pee bottle again! Poo in a bag is far worse; of course I would hope they would toss that. Oh and for those of you that do pee in your trucks - get a bigger mouth bottle - when you spill it really stinks in the truck in the summer. Kinda like when the kids in grade school peed on the merry-go-round (that metal and pee smell). I don't drive for a living so I can't really say much about it but if you do it please take it with you. Next time I find a pee bottle I am gonna test it with my lab kit and tell ya what you have wrong with you (besides the fact that pee in the back of a truck and get paid for it!)

And while we are talking about pee I told my sup if they had UPS adult diapers they could get more production out of us preloaders. He asked if anyone would actually wear them. . .I told him for more money we loaders would do just about anything. Plus for us gals we have to go to another boxline to use the restroom.

One more thing that really bugs me as a preloader is when my truck is cut (okay it sucks but I understand) and I unload it all and write the new truck and number on all the packages and then right before I leave I have to reload the same truck (with packages from other trucks) becasue it was added into the line up!:w00t:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Wow!! This thread has turned into a pissing and groaning match..:lol:

Seriously, in my opinion any driver leaving any kind of pee, crap or other excrement in his package car should get an automatic warning letter. No preloader or management person should have to deal with that, and when a preloader runs across it they should get their boss to remove it so they will do something about it.

In fact, did you know that spitting on someone is a felony?? Let alone getting some of that other kind of juice on you...Yuck!!:ohmy: And totally gross..

Cementups

Box Monkey
One o our drivers, years ago in a land far far away, pooed in a bag. As he was diving down the road he had flung it out of the truck. For the next few weeks you could see the bag of poo hanging from a tree bracnh just a bit inside the treeline.

I am not one to poo anywhere but home except for incase of emergency. I now where every "cement approved" bathroom and port-o-pot is on my area. I also carry my own toilet paper in my truck just in case I have to drop the kids off at the pool. And I usualy hae something to clean my hands with afterwards. I have left my bottles behind at the end of the day but I usually try to get rid of them on area incase I happen to get audited and the auditor notices it in my truck.

BTW, I know preloaders don't like the driver's pee bottles left behind, but guess what.....I'm not your mom and when your done with your shift please take your bottles and trash with you.

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!
I would rather poop in a DR bag than go into some of the public restrooms available to us (gas stations etc.). And buy the way, yes I have done it. Tires work great for this! (use your imagination on this).

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
I had a couple of drivers that would leave pee bottles in there cars. After going to center team and nothing being done. I took a bottle opened it up and left on centers mangers desk over night with a note on which car it came from. Some reason I dont' have that problem anymore. I working on the guy that likes to dip and spit on the floor where I'm suppose to lay on and work under his dash.

Last edited:

canon

People who poop in bags and pee in bottles are in a class all their own!!

lol, yeah... can't argue that. I used to feel the same way until I picked up a rural route. Oh I fought it for a few months, but sometimes nature calls at the most inopportune time. I've not needed a bag yet, that's a whole different level of yuk. This whole topic is excluded from conversation at the Starbucks table with my wife's friends. I just don't think they'd understand.

Edit: And don't be fooled! Rural routes take their toll on driver supes too when they have to ride with the driver. All bladders are created equal.