Things that customers actually do for their driver...

Cementups

Box Monkey
Let them be insulted----$100 is WAY too generous.

I had a customer on my old route who has more money that all of us on BC put together. He happened to be pulling in to his driveway as I was about to walk up. He stopped and took the packages for me and we chatted for a bit like we usually do. really nice guy. He opens his wallet and gives me two brand new $100 bills. I told him, "You don't have to do that, UPS pays me very well." He said, "It's not for you, it's for your kids. Have a Merry Christmas."

Same guy had also given me tickets to Penn State vs Ohio State game. He has 32 seats around the stadium. I mentioned to him that I would like to go and he was out of tickets so he (unbeknownst to me) bought me and my 3 buddies 4 tickets on StubHub for $500 and demanded that we come by his RV before the game. His RV was nicer than some people's houses. And the food he had out wasn't your typical tailgate fare. Crab legs and filet mignon burgers. The burgers melted in your mouth like butter. I asked him where he got them that we may have to get these for our poker games. He said, "So-and-so's, they usually run about $40/lb." So yeah, we didn't get those for poker...LOL.

StoptheAct1212

I had a very well off down to earth customer give me a pair of his 8 row deep center court tickets, plus inside arena parking. Face value for that day on stub hub i could of got about $500. Wife and i enjoyed the game...

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Let them be insulted----$100 is WAY too generous.

I don't say no. I will have no problem. If they offered. They know what they are doing. As a matter of fact. Today I just finished my $200 gift card. Ate lunch for free all summer. Another gives me 5 bucks every time I go there. 4 times a week. When x Mas comes. Both will be very willing to do more. I'd bet both get 1000 and 500 boxes respectively. Both worth tons.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
This was before cell phone maps....One peak I took some rural stops off a driver to help out and had no idea where I was going. I asked a guy for directions to the first couple of stops and he stopped in the middle of his directions and just told me to follow him. He led me to about 20 stops. I would run up to the house and he would ask where we were going next when I got back to the truck!

His willingness to help, was directly related to your hotness. (is that a word?)

rod

Retired 22 years
Of course not, but there's an unwritten rule about this. Politely turn it down once and it's OK. Turning it down a second time, especially if the customer is clearly insistent is insulting.

Totally agree. Although a hundred dollar tip around here would be unheard of I wouldn't hesitate one second after politely turning it down once to accept it if a customer insisted. Mama didn't raise no fool.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Don

Dont Care about where i am. Im serving customer.... but dont know if you still drive... there is a new option when delivery is out of area.. met customer on road.... to justify out of area delivery
Did you just call him DON!!!!? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

preloader2driver

I have a church I deliver to that always gives me a water and Gatorade or a water and iced tea. Always two drinks though. They're out of the way too but I don't mind since I know that I'm going to get drinks.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I get offered things all the time, mostly water which I currently appreciate the most. I don't drink soft drinks and I do turn down the occasional cold beer I get offered. I do get cash tips, I try to refuse them at first but some people will shove that twenty in my shirt pocket anyway. One day last week I delivered a case of wine that came Next Day Air. The woman opened it up and gave me a bottle.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1474139632.143223.jpg