Things that make you question humanity

R

RuralRoute

Howdy yall.

New member here. Checked out this site frequently but didn't join for fear of the illuminati.

Express courier, 10 year employee with experience in almost every hourly position of the company until recently becoming a courier from ramp agent.

On my route today, I discovered a FedEx envelope in one of my drop boxes that had a UPS barcode on it. I've seen my share of Ground pkgs and even the occasional USPS pkg, but never this. I'm sure many of you have gotten plenty of these, but I found it pretty amusing and just kind of stood there in disbelief for a moment. Seriously, how do these people make it through their daily lives? Do they put their pants on one leg at a time, and can they properly wipe themselves? I was told in Courier School flat-out that "customers are stupid", thinking it was some inside joke. Honestly, I had half a mind to tear out the paperwork and write up a FedEx airbill for them, but of course I tossed it into a UPS Dropbox like the goody two shoes I feel I am. (Wish I could see the UPS driver's reaction when he finds it Monday!)

Anyways, just thought I'd share my experience with you fine people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dex01

Banned
On my route today, I discovered a FedEx envelope in one of my drop boxes that had a UPS barcode on it. I've seen my share of Ground pkgs and even the occasional USPS pkg, but never this. I'm sure many of you have gotten plenty of these, but I found it pretty amusing and just kind of stood there in disbelief for a moment.

A misplaced envelope is what makes you question humanity? By your title, I thought you were going to say something to the effect that the global economic system is based on the exploitation of human beings. I am going to surmise that you have a very rural route, indeed.

dezguy

I had one of my neighbours leave a Purolator return in my mailbox this week. I brought it back to their house when I got home and the guy was flabbergasted as to why I didn't just bring it into work with me the next day. I explained to him I don't work for Purolator. His response? Well, you guys all do the same thing. Can't I just send it FedEx?? Not when you have a Purolator return label, you can't.

oldngray

nowhere special
Oh, the humanity.png

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had one of my neighbours leave a Purolator return in my mailbox this week. I brought it back to their house when I got home and the guy was flabbergasted as to why I didn't just bring it into work with me the next day. I explained to him I don't work for Purolator. His response? Well, you guys all do the same thing. Can't I just send it FedEx?? Not when you have a Purolator return label, you can't.

Would it have killed you to have put the envelope in to a Purolator drop box during the day?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Delivered a package from Ohio to a lady who then asked me of it was cold when I left ohio.

She thought I drove it the whole way from Ohio.
That is funny....had something similar back in the day - made a pick-up at a resi, pkg going across country..she starts giving me detailed instructions how to find the house once I get into town and not to worry about the dog cuz it barks a lot but is really quite friendly.....I simply told her duly noted and thanks, and told her I must be getting on my way if I was to make it out to West Virginia by morning.

oh, she then told me show thought Federal Express was a bit pricey.

R

RuralRoute

Delivered a package from Ohio to a lady who then asked me of it was cold when I left ohio.

She thought I drove it the whole way from Ohio.

LOL! I think the average customer should know we don't operate that way, even if we could, just based off of what we make an hour.

dezguy

Would it have killed you to have put the envelope in to a Purolator drop box during the day?
Sure, point me to one on my route or anywhere in my city for that fact of the matter. They don't have drop boxes. You want to drop something off, you go to their station.

Edit: Come to think of it, I haven't seen a UPS drop box in the city I work in either. They have a few stores you can drop stuff off at and a UPS store but no dropboxes.

Last edited:

whenIgetthere

Showed up for an on call pick up yesterday, asked if they had a FedEx package going out. Guy asks me where the package is going. Told him not till he gives me the package!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Howdy yall.

New member here. Checked out this site frequently but didn't join for fear of the illuminati.

Express courier, 10 year employee with experience in almost every hourly position of the company until recently becoming a courier from ramp agent.

On my route today, I discovered a FedEx envelope in one of my drop boxes that had a UPS barcode on it. I've seen my share of Ground pkgs and even the occasional USPS pkg, but never this. I'm sure many of you have gotten plenty of these, but I found it pretty amusing and just kind of stood there in disbelief for a moment. Seriously, how do these people make it through their daily lives? Do they put their pants on one leg at a time, and can they properly wipe themselves? I was told in Courier School flat-out that "customers are stupid", thinking it was some inside joke. Honestly, I had half a mind to tear out the paperwork and write up a FedEx airbill for them, but of course I tossed it into a UPS Dropbox like the goody two shoes I feel I am. (Wish I could see the UPS driver's reaction when he finds it Monday!)

This isn't uncommon. I see FedEx airbills on UPS packaging fairly often. Fred (nor UPS) really care about the packaging, so I'm figuring it's mainly the customer who runs out of FedEx (or UPS) packaging and uses the competition's free box or envelope.

R

RuralRoute

A misplaced envelope is what makes you question humanity? By your title, I thought you were going to say something to the effect that the global economic system is based on the exploitation of human beings. I am going to surmise that you have a very rural route, indeed.

It's the little things.

The route is fairly rural, nothing like Deliverance or anything, but the biggest town has about 17,000. I'm from Nashville so everything appears rural to me down here.

Purplepackage

Lol my towns range from 300-1500 people. That's rural.

one guy in our station has a route that everyone is afraid of, it's beyond rural I mean like sometimes doing 4 stops an hour because your driving 10-15 minutes between stops because the roads out there are just so long.

Also as I'm sure everyone is aware we can now scan fedex ground barcodes with our power pads thanks to that new update, to bad I'll still be leaving mine sit in the drop box

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

one guy in our station has a route that everyone is afraid of, it's beyond rural I mean like sometimes doing 4 stops an hour because your driving 10-15 minutes between stops because the roads out there are just so long.

Also as I'm sure everyone is aware we can now scan fedex ground barcodes with our power pads thanks to that new update, to bad I'll still be leaving mine sit in the drop box

The Express station here puts all Ground packages picked up during the day off to the side for one of their drivers to pick up at night.

CJinx

I think most do, Upstate; you just have a much of talkers here who say they do as much as they can to sabotage their own brand.