Things that really annoy me or pet peeves

texan

I hate when restaurant staff starts clearing dishes away when not everyone has finished eating -- leaving the one person at a table of four to feel bad they haven't finished yet.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I hate when restaurant staff starts clearing dishes away when not everyone has finished eating -- leaving the one person at a table of four to feel bad they haven't finished yet.
Why would the one person feel bad? Not everyone eats at the same pace. I know this well. My hubby is a slow eater because of a medical condition. I understand this and he does as well. I do not like having dishes left in front of me and appreciate when the waiter/waitress removes the dishes when I am done eating. Maybe you should consider slowing down when eating, for the other person. Just sayin......................

texan

Why would the one person feel bad? Not everyone eats at the same pace. I know this well. My hubby is a slow eater because of a medical condition. I understand this and he does as well. I do not like having dishes left in front of me and appreciate when the waiter/waitress removes the dishes when I am done eating. Maybe you should consider slowing down when eating, for the other person. Just sayin......................

My wife is also a very slow eater. I try. I really do to slow down. Maybe too many years in the military when time at eating was not an option.:happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Boy, I hope I can explain this clearly because I'm still hyper-ventilating!!

We went to Big Lots for some cookies we like. When I get to the checkout, 2 checkers are working....each with customers. I stood in kind of the middle of the lane.

This lady came behind me and asked, "Which line are you in?" I responded, "I'm in line for the next available checker." I thought that was a clear, precise answer.

So, she says, "Should I get in line over there?" and she points to the checker on the right.

I said, "No, as soon as one of them becomes available, I'll be in that line."

She says to me, How is that even fair?"

My first thought was....."what do you mean how is that fair?.................I'm next and you are after me."

Apparently she's never been to Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Marshalls of Ross where they all have single lines that take customers to the next available cashier.

How would she justify fair if she got to a line ahead of me ?? I swear to God, I said to Hammer ,I know she's a Democrat. Her reasoning is flawed and she thinks the world revolves just around her.

The only comment I said (out loud) was, "How could it be any fairer?" Then I handed Bob the $20 and walked out to keep from going 'Ohio crazy' on her ass!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My wife is also a very slow eater. I try. I really do to slow down. Maybe too many years in the military when time at eating was not an option.:happy2:

Is it possible that maybe you are projecting your feelings about eating faster than the other person onto the other person? Do you understand what I mean? Instead of acknowledging that you feel bad about eating faster you make it seem like the other person feels bad that they aren't eating fast enough.

We have it down, now, although there was some discussion about it early on. I use the time at the table to continue our conversation and enjoy my beverage (whichever one that might be) and continue to let him eat at his pace. I don't (I hope) make him feel like he is slow or that I am in a hurry. Just relax and enjoy the company.
:its_all_good:

old levi's

blank space
Boy, I hope I can explain this clearly because I'm still hyper-ventilating!!

We went to Big Lots for some cookies we like. When I get to the checkout, 2 checkers are working....each with customers. I stood in kind of the middle of the lane.

This lady came behind me and asked, "Which line are you in?" I responded, "I'm in line for the next available checker." I thought that was a clear, precise answer.

So, she says, "Should I get in line over there?" and she points to the checker on the right.

I said, "No, as soon as one of them becomes available, I'll be in that line."

She says to me, How is that even fair?"

My first thought was....."what do you mean how is that fair?.................I'm next and you are after me."

Apparently she's never been to Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Marshalls of Ross where they all have single lines that take customers to the next available cashier.

How would she justify fair if she got to a line ahead of me ?? I swear to God, I said to Hammer ,I know she's a Democrat. Her reasoning is flawed and she thinks the world revolves just around her.

The only comment I said (out loud) was, "How could it be any fairer?" Then I handed Bob the $20 and walked out to keep from going 'Ohio crazy' on her ass!!

I think Ohio Crazy would be a felony in California.

I have quite a few but I'm not going 2 list them all.Drivers who don't use a turn signal.
People who take forever to order food while I'm in line. When I go shopping with my wife which I rarely do & she is bending down 2 look at the bottom row & you see a lady who just stands there with a nasty look on her face as if my wife has eyes in the back of her head. I myself will flat out tell any1 that does this that all you have to do is say excuse me & she doesn't have eyes In the back of her head to know that you are there.
Also people who push there carts & think that they are on the Autobahn & flat out hit my wife's cart. That's when I say 2 myself this person ticked off the wrong Italian & I say 2 my wife give me your Cart. It's Pay Back time!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
lack of awareness or kindness

People that open doors and walk in without regard for those behind them.

Did you ever notice that you tend to slow your pace or speed up to time it with others entering a door?
Did you ever notice people just allowing a person to struggle with a door? Perhaps, a mother with a stroller, a senior, a father trying to direct his distracted kids, or a driver making a delivery.

menotyou

bella amicizia
lack of awareness or kindness/I hate that I have that capability

People that open doors and walk in without regard for those behind them./I try to pay attention

Did you ever notice that you tend to slow your pace or speed up to time it with others entering a door?
Did you ever notice people just allowing a person to struggle with a door? Perhaps, a mother with a stroller, a senior, a father trying to direct his distracted kids, or a driver making a delivery.
I get irritated with people who have no common courtesy.

texan

I always love the "EXCUSE me", when the tone of voice not a sincere apology, but let me immediately interrupt your
conversation.
I have been talking to a sales person, when someone walks up and uses "EXCUSE me, I need immediate assistance, and to heck with this other person you were helping.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always love the "EXCUSE me", when the tone of voice not a sincere apology, but let me immediately interrupt your
conversation.
I have been talking to a sales person, when someone walks up and uses "EXCUSE me, I need immediate assistance, and to heck with this other person you were helping.

...at that point I turn to the person and let them know in no uncertain terms that it will be their turn just as soon as the sales person has completed my transaction.