Things that really annoy me or pet peeves

bigbrownhen

Over....in my center we are told to park with our lights and flashers on....new yard control rules. Our feeders hook on the south of the building, we park on the east. I don't think this is an issue here. I will be aware of it now though, it didn't occur to me that it affected you guys in feeders. Try mentioning it to one of the safety committe members, they can try and get it mentioned in the next pcm.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Over....in my center we are told to park with our lights and flashers on....new yard control rules. Our feeders hook on the south of the building, we park on the east. I don't think this is an issue here. I will be aware of it now though, it didn't occur to me that it affected you guys in feeders. Try mentioning it to one of the safety committe members, they can try and get it mentioned in the next pcm.

Oh, great---another safety acronym--"Dim your lights--save a life"

j/k Over has a good point and hopefully his co-workers will heed his advice.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh, great---another safety acronym--"Dim your lights--save a life"

j/k Over has a good point and hopefully his co-workers will heed his advice.

I like "Dim your lights --- delight an eye". avatar1401_28.gif

Try this trick. Go in front of a mirror with a flashlight and shine it in your eyes as you try and do something. See how annoying it is. Then try it with 53` of trailer behind you that your trying to back into a poorly lit hole without hitting anything on either side.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, you brought up mirror

Here's a pet peeve: Hold your hand mirror, bend at the waist like you are bowing to the queen. Look at your face in the mirror and check out the "gravity jowls".

menotyou

bella amicizia

Here's a pet peeve: Hold your hand mirror, bend at the waist like you are bowing to the queen. Look at your face in the mirror and check out the "gravity jowls".
Yes, i just tried this. :rofl: :rofl:

I guess I have a few more years of 'looking down'. :rofl:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Yes, i just tried this. :rofl: :rofl:

I guess I have a few more years of 'looking down'. :rofl:

In a related activity, when I am doing portrait photography, I have the person look up at me to draw the chin skin tighter.
I carry a 2 foot high step stool in my SUV for this purpose.
People sitting down and looking up at me while I am standing works well too.

menotyou

bella amicizia
In a related activity, when I am doing portrait photography, I have the person look up at me to draw the chin skin tighter.
I carry a 2 foot high step stool in my SUV for this purpose.
People sitting down and looking up at me while I am standing works well too.
I don't think that was related to what I was talking about. :winks:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Now that it gets dark so early, I have a new pet peeve:

PACKAGE DRIVERS who don't turn their headlights off when they're waiting for me to back on to a door. Do you know how hard it is to see the end of that trailer 57 feet behind you? It doesn't help with your headlights in my face. Turn 'em off for a minute.
Everyone else in the yard (shifters, feeders, gypsies, even the coffee truck guy) has the common courtesy to turn off the headlights when their in a guys face who's backing a trailer. Maybe 5% of the Package guys do.

Just sayin....
Doe in the headlight look? ..................... just sayin..................................................