Things you can get Dq'd for within your 30

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TheKingOfQueens, Jul 19, 2014.

1. What are they? Would like to avoid them all.

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Depends how strict your management team is. Don't miss any deliveries/pickups. Don't hit anything. Show improvement. Fuel up with the correct fuel.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  3. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

keep the wheels moving! Don't take too much time in the back of the truck(ORION users) forget that tip
  4. tadpole

tadpole Member

Don't drive away with the rear door open. Don't get injured. Don't have questionable attendance.
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Customer concerns.
  6. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Don't do anything shady with the way you record a stop.
  7. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Pretty much everything and anything.
    This is the company's one and only chance to decide if they want you as a package car driver for the next 30 years or more.
    Do everything and anything they ask you to do during this 30 day period.
    After you qualify, come back and I'll tell you the rest of the story, as they will spend that next 30 years trying to fire you.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Teeth marks.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

The biggest thing is don't hit anything with the big brown your ass off and be honest about everything and anything you screw up. You will probably make mistakes..but never try to hide it or lie about them.
  10. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Original Poster: I was never a Package Car Driver but from what I read and seen, I will give you some advice that I hope so others will agree with and hopefully, they will fill in the blanks.

Work through some of your lunch. Don't deliver any packages but clean up your package car so that the boxes will be organized for your second "half" of your day . Take a peek at what you got left to deliver. Then eat something and then take a power nap so that you start out after lunch a little fresher and a little smarter than had you just ate and read the newspaper. Once you make your thirty, then do whatever you want during lunch.

At the end of the day, when you get home from work, you will be tired, mentally and physically. Screw everything else and go to bed . The latest episode of the Kardashians can wait Tell everyone else around you, family and friends to back off . If you have kids, make sure they understand and that Daddy will make it up to them on the weekends. Wife may have to be made to know that you need your energy and alone time to be ready to get beat up the next day.
  11. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

We DQ people for asking too many questions
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Travwise

Travwise Active Member

If you have to ask you're already destined to fail. Sorry. Better luck next time.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Don't pee in the drinking fountain
  14. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Don't spend so much time asking questions. Do the job.

My bet is that you are DQd, based on what you have posted here.
  15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Hitting the overhead door while exiting the building.
  16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

For the second time. DON'T OVER THINK THIS JOB.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Asking too many questions
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

19. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Going to bed as soon as you get home is letting the job control your life, that's what UPS wants. Doing that your already losing the mental game their playing. I do whatever I want when I get home and don't worry or care about what time I go to bed. Ill go to bed when I feel like it. Whats the worst thing that is going to happen? You might wake up a little tired but as soon as you get to that 1st stop and get your first stretch of the day before you start delivering its get in the zone time. You might be a little tired but your getting that :censored2: whooped like a dog all day and you really don't have time to think about being tired honestly. Letting the job control your life is a sign of mental weakness plain and simple.
  20. Leaving a full two liter of piss in the cargo area.