Things you HAVE to do, but DO NOT get time allowance for...let me start

srvhero

"leastbest"
1. Crawl through the pkg car to look for misloads before a required time so we can call them in.
2. Meeting someone that comes out to shuttle misloads.
3. Traffic Jams
4. Re taping or Re packing

Lets see how many we can come up with......:happy-very: keep them numbered!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
6. Setting up a section stop for stop. Sure............the Preload has every box on the shelf in perfect order.

over9five

Staff member
OK, I hate to be so positive, but I feel I had a very fair 3 day ride. So, of course, everything that happened on that ride is included in my SPORH.
The things that were not included (because they didn't happen on those 3 days) are:

1. Delivering off-route misloads.
2. Meeting another driver to take/give work.
3. Meeting the air driver to dump reds.

I can generally average my SPORH on days when the above doesn't happen.

sorry for not following the number scheme but no one else was doing it so I lost count. Guessing 10.

11. making a second attempt on any package.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
12. The time it takes to stop doing a delivery/pickup to respond to the "nag-light" before you can continue being productive...

danlin

OK, I hate to be so positive, but I feel I had a very fair 3 day ride. So, of course, everything that happened on that ride is included in my SPORH.
The things that were not included (because they didn't happen on those 3 days) are:

1. Delivering off-route misloads.
2. Meeting another driver to take/give work.
3. Meeting the air driver to dump reds.

I can generally average my SPORH on days when the above doesn't happen.

Of course none of that happens when they ride with you, they make sure of that ahead of time. Just make sure you note that when they do your 3 day review..

iruhnman630

Voiding a first attempt on a bad add when a second attempt is made...no credit for the first stop.

Stopping at a comm stop bet 12 and 1, not able to show an attempt.

Calling other drivers to set up meets, which the center should be doing, and not being compensated for the phone.

code5

While it happens less now than it used to - filling out waybills, especially Int'l and doc's. We used to get a time allowance for waybills collected. Also double tripping back to the center. We are no longer allowed to code out double trips and have to eat it as on road time. There is even calling the brokerage hotline, although most drivers don't even bother - the first thing that happens is you get put on hold.

I guess I can chalk it all up to being paid per hour anyways, but I actually like to go home once in a while.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While it happens less now than it used to - filling out waybills, especially Int'l and doc's. We used to get a time allowance for waybills collected. Also double tripping back to the center. We are no longer allowed to code out double trips and have to eat it as on road time. There is even calling the brokerage hotline, although most drivers don't even bother - the first thing that happens is you get put on hold.

I guess I can chalk it all up to being paid per hour anyways, but I actually like to go home once in a while.

We still get credit for double trips in my center.

ddomino

16. Filling out holiday closing in pick up screen in DIAD ( ie Oct 11 Columbus day)
17. Waiting at air meets
18. Customer contact to solicit a lead.