Things you HAVE to do, but DO NOT get time allowance for...let me start

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
wrapping boxes in dr bags that are to big for dr bags with multiple bags and tape,, dragging the garbage can from the side yard to do a dr front door,,using yard debris to hide a dr when nothing else is around,,hunting for a misload thats in ed but on another truck,,setting up a area because preload and load quality sucks,,,driving off area to do misload swaps,,i could keep going.....................................

iruhnman630

wrapping boxes in dr bags that are to big for dr bags with multiple bags and tape,, dragging the garbage can from the side yard to do a dr front door,,using yard debris to hide a dr when nothing else is around,
Been there done that . I'm not afraid to NI a pkg which I cannot protect.
hunting for a misload thats in ed but on another truck,,setting up a area because preload and load quality sucks/quote]EDD know exactly where every package is and eliminates the need to ever look for a package. Why are you stealing time?

iruhnman630

wrapping boxes in dr bags that are to big for dr bags with multiple bags and tape,, dragging the garbage can from the side yard to do a dr front door,,using yard debris to hide a dr when nothing else is around,
Been there done that . I'm not afraid to NI a pkg which I cannot protect.
hunting for a misload thats in ed but on another truck,,setting up a area because preload and load quality sucks
EDD know exactly where every package is and eliminates the need to ever look for a package. Why are you stealing time?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You should bid a route in I.E. world. I.E. world is a beautiful place. It never rains or snows, there are never any traffic jams, every stop has ample parking and dock space available right next to the delivery point, and there are no misloads or damages or irregs that you have to break trace for. Dispatches are perfect in I.E. world, so you never have to meet other drivers to give or take work. Every driver in I.E. world has a new truck with power steering and a tight turning radius, so you never have to make 8 pt turns to get out of a cul-de-sac. It never gets dark in I.E. world, and area knowledge is unimportant because EDD is perfect and your preloader sets each package up stop-for stop so all you ever need to do is make right turns. Every house in I.E. world has a clearly visible address and every business has a clearly labeled delivery and pickup point, so you can go out cold on a route and run scratch in 9.2 hours by following all of the methods and taking your lunch from 12:00 to 1:00.

I dont yet have enough seniority to bid a route in I.E. world, so for the time being I will have to stick with the one I have in the real world.

Overpaid Union Thug

SOBER.....That was a classic!

I'm not too worried about time allowances. I get paid by the hour. If I were to get a fair time allowance for sorting my selection area I would make $30.01/hr. If I get little or no allowance I still get $30/hr. No worries.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You should bid a route in I.E. world. I.E. world is a beautiful place. It never rains or snows, there are never any traffic jams, every stop has ample parking and dock space available right next to the delivery point, and there are no misloads or damages or irregs that you have to break trace for. Dispatches are perfect in I.E. world, so you never have to meet other drivers to give or take work. Every driver in I.E. world has a new truck with power steering and a tight turning radius, so you never have to make 8 pt turns to get out of a cul-de-sac. It never gets dark in I.E. world, and area knowledge is unimportant because EDD is perfect and your preloader sets each package up stop-for stop so all you ever need to do is make right turns. Every house in I.E. world has a clearly visible address and every business has a clearly labeled delivery and pickup point, so you can go out cold on a route and run scratch in 9.2 hours by following all of the methods and taking your lunch from 12:00 to 1:00.

I dont yet have enough seniority to bid a route in I.E. world, so for the time being I will have to stick with the one I have in the real world.

Are the driveways all flat in IE land?

grizbiker

Chaining up
Getting stuck in a cattle drive.
Customers asking for managers name and number because I can't make it up to their house in 4 ft. of snow.

bigbrownhen

Well, to go in another direction here...yardwork, mop my floors, dust anything in my house, cook a quality healthy meal before 9pm, spend quality time with my daughter before bedtime, give a call to a friend or relative during the week. There are 48 hrs in the week to do these things, otherwise my life is in browns.

browniehound

I like this thread and have experienced just about everything described as I covered for almost 10 years. On the flip side I am guilty of shooting the ssss with my customers sometimes so UPS might have a small case in some scenarios.

However, I now have a route and I absolutely love it. All the cover drivers (I think they are babies) hate it, but I could do it for the next 20 years.

I like it for many reasons, the first being I don't use the 2-wheeler very often. Sometimes in a week I will use it 3 times. My customers are great and help me every chance they can. There is no traffic. I have a lot of docks. I can park very close to every delivery spot. There are no delays from when I scan the parcels and get the signature.

I have a lot of work but the above items help make my day run smoother...