Things You Will Never Hear Said at UPS....

sx2700

Banned
"Be careful, that box is marked "FRAGILE""

or

"Wait, re-stack that - the "This End Up" arrows are pointed the wrong way"

Ironically, our loaders heard both of those last night......but it was because a 5lb $500 insured package got crushed the night before by three 30 pounders that were stacked on it.

deathracer

i usually toss the packages that have the fragile sticker on them cause they annoy me sometimes lol j/k, but it doesn't make sense that a 50lbs package has fragile stickers on it or does it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Things You Will Never Hear Said at UPS

1. Thank you.​

2. We appreciate your efforts.​

3. Family life is important to us.​

4. Please donate to United Way only if you want to.​

5. We value your input.​

6. Please let us know what we can do for you.​

7. That's an excellent idea--we will make the changes right away.​

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

1. Thank you.​

2. We appreciate your efforts.

I swear I am not making this up. During Peak a couple of years ago, a Center Manager walked down the belt during the Preload and told the Preloaders "Thank You, and I appreciate that you are here". I was astonished, I never saw anything like that in my three decades with this company. That center manager is now my Division Manager, I'm impressed with her.

atatbl

I swear I am not making this up. During Peak a couple of years ago, a Center Manager walked down the belt during the Preload and told the Preloaders "Thank You, and I appreciate that you are here". I was astonished, I never saw anything like that in my three decades with this company. That center manager is now my Division Manager, I'm impressed with her.

Was it the 24th? Or just a normal hard day during peak? I think a center manager doing this would motivate a lot of the veteran preload workers. Maybe not some of the newer people, they don't always know or care what a center manager is.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
i usually toss the packages that have the fragile sticker on them cause they annoy me sometimes lol j/k, but it doesn't make sense that a 50lbs package has fragile stickers on it or does it?

I always assumed fragile was a French word that translated to "Kick the Living **** out of this box"

Or how about the boxes that have arrows all over with "This Side Up", and the UPS label is on the bottom?

atatbl

I saw him last week--he handed me my coffee and donuts at the Dunkin Donuts drive thru. And, yes, he couldn't get that right either.

:happy-very: I did feel bad for him after he told us his surgery story in the chat though. That changed my understanding of who he was slightly. I figured he was just a troll or someone's gimmick trying to spice things up. The chat demonstrated to me that he really was a driver, a driver that was not happy with many people/things in life.

evilleace

1. Thank you.​

2. We appreciate your efforts.

My PT sup tells us this every morning before we start that we did a good job the day before, and after the sort is over that we did a good job that day. Also the FT sup tells us that to not to mention the "good job" or "you did a hell of job" after we get done with trailer in an hour.

One thing you won't hear

"You just did that trailer in 45 minutes take a break before your next one.