Things you wish people knew about packages. . .

terrymac

Once had apkg come down belt with " fragile live kittens" , guess what, everyone shook the pkg generously to hear the kittens. none inside, I guess.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
One day I had a pkg, have had several since which said, "caution, Live organisms",< it was to a catholic school, KOOL. The lady said, "sister, your orgasms are here" I thought I would choke on my way out the door. Now every time they come in, I think they are crickets, I "neek" in and say, "they are here....""" Its always a laugh that keeps me goin all day.

DS

Fenderbender
Ok here I go again with this one.
Anyone ordering anything online from
the USA from Canada should be told
beforehand that they will be paying
brokerage charges that may well exceed the
cost of the purchase.
I`m sick of being the collection agent
that holds your package hostage until
you cough up the "fee"
use the usps and avoid the hassle

DS

Fenderbender
tooner you are going a bit off topic here but you reminded me of a really hot spell we had here.This shipper sold worms that were good for your lawn.It was so hot the poor little bastards were so desparate to escape they were squeezing out of the
packages through any crack they could find,only to be fried
like bacon on the shelves of my 118 degrees p800.
Kinda like Les Nesman thinking turkeys could fly

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im so sorry DS for hijacking a thread, wasnt intentional.
But thats funny.
MY mind just wanders.
Good thing Im not the only one who ever goes off topic.............................

helenofcalifornia

Personally, I hate delivering packages with footprints all over them. I wear gloves that are "rubberized" so that they act like a giant eraser to get most of the footprints off. It's hard to explain to a customer why that happens but when I unloaded I remember well the reasons why you had to step on a package to get out or around the load. And cheap Chinese cardboard that is practically thread worn by the time I am ready to deliver it. Yuck!

benschreivogel

I wish printer paper boxes had tape period. Why do they think these 50 lbs. boxes will stay together with a couple plastic straps. On top of that they don't even cross so they don't do S*&% !. Also if your shippng something long and skinny, tape a couple cheap pieces of wood to it to at least give it a fighting chance.
I have to agree with leaving out "Fragile" it just becomes a punk magnet.
Here's one I love, rush delivery!! on the box. why not buy next day air if it is so important?:laugh:

HazMatMan

Attn PAS dept:

Please DO NOT cover the packages barcode with the pas label. Also DO NOT cover the cod amount. We understand there is no room on a 3 foot cube box and that you must place it directly on the barcode.
Thank you

Isn't the cod amount in your diad when you scan the package?

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
  • Take the batteries (or turn off the toy) out of the object you ship! One day I heard a Tickle Me Elmo every time I stepped on the truck. “Ha Ha that tickles. . .”
I just figured out how I am going to get rid of that annoying Furby!

I have not decided whether it is better to mark the box "Live Kittens" or just plain "Fragile".

Come to think of it, it would be better to use a label that would discourage Overgoods from opening the box. "Live Scorpions"?

HazMatMan

Bottom line is, big companies are going to ship items the cheapest way, if that means scimping on cushioning or taking the extra time to actually make sure the containers are upright (and kept upright with proper cushioning) then you can forget it. Let's see, Staples, Drugstore.com, (to name a few) really pack horribly.....They don't care, they save money, they are happy. .. Meanwhile, they cause damage to OTHER packages.....

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
I just got a better idea for the "Live Scorpions" label: an empty box - maybe with some droppings inside - with a few screened air holes. And one with the screen torn away....

LKLND3380

• Paper thin boxes are not a good choice for shipping bowling balls or anything else.
  • More tape is always better! Always add one more piece after you think you have put on enough.
  • Please put the whole address (for the recipient) on the label. If they live in an apartment it is helpful to put that information on the label. Leaving the apartment off lets your friends know you are incompetent or really forgetful.
  • If you are shipping liquid and use the box with arrows make sure the liquid is in correctly. (I once had a box leak everywhere because I put the arrows up and the bottles were upside-down!)
  • Take the batteries (or turn off the toy) out of the object you ship! One day I heard a Tickle Me Elmo every time I stepped on the truck. “Ha Ha that tickles. . .”

I wish STAPLES OFFICE SUPPLY would buy some new printers... OR get ink that is a good contrasting color. Maybe I am the only one who gets the faded ink bar codes that do not scan... It seems like it always happens on 20 boxes of paper or something heavy.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I wish STAPLES OFFICE SUPPLY would buy some new printers... OR get ink that is a good contrasting color. Maybe I am the only one who gets the faded ink bar codes that do not scan... It seems like it always happens on 20 boxes of paper or something heavy.
Aint that the truth, same here. I would never got there to buy ink, it is obvious they do not have any!!!

25yrvet

I thought I was the only one with the 'Staples' problem. How pathetic is that--- an office supply retailer that doesn't have a scanable label!! We had a local shipper with unscanable labels that drove me nuts; I informed the CS chick, her reply was, "What do you want me to do about it?" :confused:1 So I informed her:wink:

You guys have the same ideas as me; one other I can think of is when the shipper puts the ship to address above their return address

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I thought I was the only one with the 'Staples' problem. How pathetic is that--- an office supply retailer that doesn't have a scanable label!! We had a local shipper with unscanable labels that drove me nuts; I informed the CS chick, her reply was, "What do you want me to do about it?" :confused:1 So I informed her:wink:

You guys have the same ideas as me; one other I can think of is when the shipper puts the ship to address above their return address

I dont know 25 yr vette, I think I learned how to address an envelope for mailing in 3rd grade, yet people do not know how to address a box. I guess they think it goes into the abyss and some person fondles all 6 sides of it and deciphers where it goes. Ive had pkgs get sent back to from where they were sent with double lables and have the shipper tell me, I didnt cross it out as I thought you would know this one had been used.....That is why God made Sharpie, we cant save the world, just one pkg at a time.