Thinking about quitting (ASAP)

Mack Grant

So i have been working at UPS for about three months in the Preload (Ive been unloading almost the entire time except for 3 days where i loaded the trucks) and im thinking about quitting. I feel like i am destroying my shoulder and my back has been giving me an insane amount of pain. and im only 21 so i really dont feel like crippling myself to young.

Would i call my supervisor to tell him im quitting or someone else?

also would it be bad to not give my two weeks notice?

I really enjoyed my job, it just caused me alot of pain, so i would like to leave on a good note.
Dude, your not testing for shifting weight and contents. This is the source of all your troubles.

Future

Victory Ride
WalMart-Hiring-Center.jpg
So i have been working at UPS for about three months in the Preload (Ive been unloading almost the entire time except for 3 days where i loaded the trucks) and im thinking about quitting. I feel like i am destroying my shoulder and my back has been giving me an insane amount of pain. and im only 21 so i really dont feel like crippling myself to young.

I really enjoyed my job, it just caused me alot of pain, so i would like to leave on a good note.
Yes i agree with you move on.

You've Got Mail

Day 1 of driving school is over, and I can't wait to just start at my hub. The hour commute one way and 8 hours sitting in class got old already and it's only the first day lol

If you really want to leave on a good and professional note, type up a short letter of resignation and give it to your FT supervisor telling him you are putting your 2 week notice in.

Like everyone has said, they will probably tell you they don't need 2 weeks and you can just resign immediately, but that letter of resignation would show your professionalism and maturity and I doubt they would give you a negative rehire status after something like that.

The best of luck to you!

Rawrzxor

Oh, yeah. Breaking down our bodies for $11 an hour. Always fun. Preload fills up the package trucks, right? You could always switch to loading trailer trucks at midnight or twilight shift or day shift. The irregs will still :censored2: your body up (I'm 132 pounds, and had to pick up various 122, 118, 140 pound packages last night @_@), but you can just load, instead. You still have to do irregs at the end of the night, but it's not that bad.

If you can prove it happened at UPS, file a claim for workers comp, and you can get a doc to look at it for you. If you're not on drugs, 'cause they'll piss test you.

I'm not sure about the best way to leave, but what comes to mind is screaming, ":censored2: YOU :censored2:S!" as loud as humanly possible, then just walk out and never come back. Oh. But you want a respectful way. It's bad not to give your two weeks notice anywhere, but UPS would be able to handle it if you just stopped coming.

But yeah. Tell your full time that you want to quit. You could also go to HR, I guess.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Oh, yeah. Breaking down our bodies for $11 an hour. Always fun. Preload fills up the package trucks, right? You could always switch to loading trailer trucks at midnight or twilight shift or day shift. The irregs will still :censored2: your body up (I'm 132 pounds, and had to pick up various 122, 118, 140 pound packages last night @_@), but you can just load, instead. You still have to do irregs at the end of the night, but it's not that bad.

If you can prove it happened at UPS, file a claim for workers comp, and you can get a doc to look at it for you. If you're not on drugs, 'cause they'll piss test you.

I'm not sure about the best way to leave, but what comes to mind is screaming, ":censored2: YOU :censored2:!" as loud as humanly possible, then just walk out and never come back. Oh. But you want a respectful way. It's bad not to give your two weeks notice anywhere, but UPS would be able to handle it if you just stopped coming.

But yeah. Tell your full time that you want to quit. You could also go to HR, I guess.
What? I have never heard of UPS piss testing because of a work injury...either in the building or drivers injured while out delivering. I was never drug tested...and neither was anyone else I know. Only drug testing I know of is random testing in feeders, package drivers after a serious PC accident, or if management has reasonable suspicion that you're under the influence on the clock.

jrh

I'm not sure about the best way to leave, but what comes to mind is screaming, ":censored2: YOU :censored2:!" as loud as humanly possible, then just walk out and never come back. Oh. But you want a respectful way. It's bad not to give your two weeks notice anywhere, but UPS would be able to handle it if you just stopped coming.

dude you don't lift packages that weigh more than you do. I'm about 150 and I'll just ask for help if I need it. I don't have anything to prove to anybody and it's important to remember your body is very difficult to repair especially when you get older.

Rawrzxor

dude you don't lift packages that weigh more than you do. I'm about 150 and I'll just ask for help if I need it. I don't have anything to prove to anybody and it's important to remember your body is very difficult to repair especially when you get older.

Not at my hub. Or not at my section in my hub. No one asks for help when lifting the heavier packages. I'm not going to be the only one asking for help. And, if I mess up my back or something, then it's not my fault that there was a traditional way of doing irregs, which was by yourself. I get what you're saying, but like I said: I'm not going to be the only one.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not at my hub. Or not at my section in my hub. No one asks for help when lifting the heavier packages. I'm not going to be the only one asking for help. And, if I mess up my back or something, then it's not my fault that there was a traditional way of doing irregs, which was by yourself. I get what you're saying, but like I said: I'm not going to be the only one.
That is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Seriously...maybe top 5 on here.

McGee

There is NO way I am going to risk injury to myself, especially since you are NOT following the methods to PREVENT injury to yourself....