Thinking of going management.

Fnix

I don't condone the practice of passing the buck. But as for the viewing of them stressing out I just watched a football game on tv where each teams management crew was also on the sidelines screaming and stressing out. its all relative to what you do I guess.

I agree I just try to stay away from people doing those kind of things so I dont get the vibes passed to me.

People say dont join the military you might get killed.
People say dont join the military because of the BS you have to put up with from higher ups.
People say dont join the military because of the hours you'll work.

It is not any different from my job at UPS except it is less physical and you can retire a little bit earlier. Sorry for going so off topic.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
In my building the management medical benefits are crap and are paid for by the individual compared to union employees. We just pay dues. You must weigh out everything and compare the two sides from all angles. Me personally- I've got the best job in the company except for the guys flying the planes. I would NEVER consider management-but thats me personally.:funny:

If I went into management now it would add 4 or 5 years until I could retire with the full pension and thats a big NO NO.

drewed

Shankman
In my building the management medical benefits are crap and are paid for by the individual compared to union employees. We just pay dues. You must weigh out everything and compare the two sides from all angles. Me personally- I've got the best job in the company except for the guys flying the planes. I would NEVER consider management-but thats me personally.:funny:

If I went into management now it would add 4 or 5 years until I could retire with the full pension and thats a big NO NO.

The management person paying their own medical is about half correct, the company gives you a dollar amount that covers the cost for basic coverage very similar to unions bennies and if you elect to you can get extra coverage in which case you would pay for that

opsys

He Who Feeds The Beast
1. Those of you that have gone management, do you still think that it was worth it?

No. It is the worst job in UPS. If I would have had a functional body left, I would have stayed an hourly.

2. Is the hourly pay increase at least 10% (that's what I've heard)?

I went from ~$230 a week before taxes, to $350 a week before taxes. Now thanks to budget cuts, I'm not allowed to double-shift or earn premium pay. Now I'm at ~$300 a week.

3. What about bonuses, how does that work, and how money do you get?

Half a paycheck in late november. 3-5% raise every January. Like $30-50 a paycheck more a year.

4. I've heard that sups only get paid a certain amount of hours whether they actually do those hours or not. Does this mean that if it's a really long day sups may actually have to work (more like stand around) the last few hours for free?

Supervisor jobs differ tremendously by hub, and area supervised. You get paid a salary, and you are expected to work 27.5 hours. If you're allowed to go over, you get paid 110% of what you earn a week, divided by 27.5 (what you theoretically earn an hour)

You should NEVER work for free. Additionally, depending on where youre put, you may not have time to stand around. I've seen supes do nothing but listen to their ipods for 6 hours, and I've seen some run around like chickens without heads for just as long.

My advice would be to not go into management at all. EVER. NO.

drewed

Shankman
Like its been pointed out the wage for pt sup varies greatly between work assigment and geographic location....
And its really what you make of it.