This contract could get voted down.

Your lucky!! 2 negative equal a positive. Good thing you had that extra no. Just to clarify, are you saying your still on the fence with your yes vote?
Im on the fence with a big ole.......friend*&&%%g NO VOTE!!!!!!!!!Maybe I will switch to the democrat party so I can vote....NO... NO ...NO ..NO...NO..NO...NO NO...NO...NO......10 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stink219

Your lucky!! 2 negative equal a positive. Good thing you had that extra no. Just to clarify, are you saying your still on the fence with your yes vote?
Im on the fence with a big ole.......friend*&&%%g NO VOTE!!!!!!!!!Maybe I will switch to the democrat party so I can vote....NO... NO ...NO ..NO...NO..NO...NO NO...NO...NO......10 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See, 10 times is a YES. It would need to be 9 or 11. Simple algebra man.

stink219

I beg to differ. The east coast is on board buddy. It's not our fault that UPS kicked your health care to the curb. Massachusetts and Rhode Island are yes votes. We have no issues policing the contract.

I beg to differ. The east coast is on board buddy. It's not our fault that UPS kicked your health care to the curb. Massachusetts and Rhode Island are yes votes. We have no issues policing the contract.
That's the type of talk that the company wants. Thanks for being a good teamster.

stink219

It was the companies plan all along to get everyone off their health care. Some people think the union wanted to take over everyone's health. I'm sorry it happened but it's the reality. So are we to blame the union for the companies selfishness?

oldupsman

It was the companies plan all along to get everyone off their health care. Some people think the union wanted to take over everyone's health. I'm sorry it happened but it's the reality. So are we to blame the union for the companies selfishness?
So in other words, "I got mine so screw you union brothers." I can see why you're a die hard Hoffa, Hall supporter. Maybe you should read some of Soberups posts
on why he's voting no. Even though the contract would be good for him he's voting no in support of his union brothers.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
The contact is not a perfect one but its a good one. Every region has issues but I have to tell the Central States brother and sisters enough's enough. The rest of the country can't carry you. The reduction in benefits to Part-Timers, retiree healthcare, and lower wages increases for everyone are to help the Central States pension and healthcare period. Its not a perfect solution but it fixes many holes and gaps. If the Teamsters would have made the entire Full-Timers pay a LARGER subsidy so Central States workers and retiree's could get larger or same benefits it would have sunk the contract for sure.

​ Part-Timers are here and gone. Retiree's are gone and should have made sure they had planed and saved more for unexpected expenses. Like I do. Only about 20-25% stay on for the benefits and a shot at full-time. That's where the ax should naturally go.

A

anonymous6

i'm tired of subsidizing everyone. I can go back to log truck driving and make 12 bucks an hour.

oldupsman

The east coast is not on board. I believe Over is from Mass. and he's certainly not on board. My bad. I guess Mass. and R.I. must make up the entire east coast.
Those are 2 huge states.

brown_trousers

So in other words, "I got mine so screw you union brothers." I can see why you're a die hard Hoffa, Hall supporter. Maybe you should read some of Soberups posts
on why he's voting no. Even though the contract would be good for him he's voting no in support of his union brothers.

I agree with you 100%, but unfortunately the "I got mine" attitude has been the prevalent attitude every contract as full-timers are always getting theirs while kicking part-timers to the curb.

I predict this same attitude will continue on.... its almost pointless to fight it

UPS Preloader

The contact is not a perfect one but its a good one. Every region has issues but I have to tell the Central States brother and sisters enough's enough. The rest of the country can't carry you. The reduction in benefits to Part-Timers, retiree healthcare, and lower wages increases for everyone are to help the Central States pension and healthcare period. Its not a perfect solution but it fixes many holes and gaps. If the Teamsters would have made the entire Full-Timers pay a LARGER subsidy so Central States workers and retiree's could get larger or same benefits it would have sunk the contract for sure.

​ Part-Timers are here and gone. Retiree's are gone and should have made sure they had planed and saved more for unexpected expenses. Like I do. Only about 20-25% stay on for the benefits and a shot at full-time. That's where the ax should naturally go.

What an arss... I guess I should look forward to the day when I can vote away your benefits!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Local 804 says no and the last time I checked 804 was on the East Coast. Rhode Island and Massachusetts are on board, oh my God, my county in California is bigger than those two states.