This day in history

705red

Browncafe Steward
Maybe we will get lucky and he will rise again and lead this union and his son will take his place being missing.

DS

Fenderbender
I took a bus from Toronto to salt lake city in 1975,then on to san diego and san francisco then west all the way to the mardis gras .
It was interesting to say the least.
Some of those Texas bus stops were scary,me with my long hair and all.
The Chicago police laughed at me when I asked if they would trade me a US quarter for a Canadian one to get a coke.
I had a drink or 2 with some guy there that said he knew what happened to Hoffa.
Turned out he was a nutbar poofter that was taking advantage of my good nature.
What made you think about Hoffa more?
Are you just trying to make me feel old:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I took a bus from Toronto to salt lake city in 1975,then on to san diego and san francisco then west all the way to the mardis gras .
It was interesting to say the least.
Some of those Texas bus stops were scary,me with my long hair and all.
The Chicago police laughed at me when I asked if they would trade me a US quarter for a Canadian one to get a coke.
I had a drink or 2 with some guy there that said he knew what happened to Hoffa.
Turned out he was a nutbar poofter that was taking advantage of my good nature.
What made you think about Hoffa more?
Are you just trying to make me feel old:wink2:
This day in history is a feature on one of the news shows and they covered it being the day Hoffa disappeared......just passing along the info.

satellitedriver

Wow, summer of 1975.
This was a pivotal point in my life. as if any one cares, but, I am given to loquacity.
-( as my wife says, you just got to let the boy get all his words out)-
I first laid eyes on my future wife on April 21st when I was leaving a military rifle course at University of Houston. I was Thunderstruck, gobsmacked, and ect.........
The weekend of May 3rd I took her to my favorite camping spot on Lake Travis.
Helluva weekend.
Met some folks camping on the cliffs and sitting around their campfire smoking and drinking I was the only one to notice a girl fall off the cliff into the night. Scary sight when I climbed down the cliff and saw her condition. Long story cut short, but my new girl friend got to see my superman side. I carried a 250lb EMT on my shoulder down the cliff after I had climbed back up and found all the handholds.
To get back to this week back then in 1975, I took my future wife on another camping trip to Pedernales Falls State Park. She got sucked into a undercut whirlpool under the falls and I saved her from drowning.
Any other woman would have let me sweep her up onto my white horse ,after these displays of manhood and caring,
:surprised: but it took me three years to finally convince her to wear my ring.
These past 36yrs have gone too quickly, but I will never forget the Summer of 1975.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nothing in my life can top my wife.
Honestly, if I would not have met her at that time in my life I would have been dead in about 2yrs.
I lived a hard life style.
She is the one that saved me and gave me purpose.

Navin R. Johnson had a 'purpose' too !!! Good for you!!

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
The most believable reasons (with motive) I have found, are in the book, "I heard you paint houses"
Some good reading
Fiction? I dunno

satellitedriver

Thanks for making me feel my age.
69', another great summer.

16 yrs old and the foreman of the wardrobe department of Astroworld.
What happened in Astroworld stayed in Astroworld.
I blew my first smoke listening to Tull.

Bitter sweet memories.
I drove down to Houston for my 40th High School Reunion and "they" have leveled Astroworld and it looks like the SaltGrass Plain that it was when I was a boy.
Hey,
this thread is about memories.