This day in history

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will take that as a compliment.
I was far worse than being a jerk.
As open as I have been about my life experiences, there are "things" that I will never discuss.
Maybe a better term would be that my wife gave me a direction to focus my energies.

My post was in response to moreluck's post. Steve Martin protrayed Navin R Johnson in the movie "The Jerk" in which he found out as a young man that he had a "special purpose".

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
I will take that as a compliment.
I was far worse than being a jerk.
As open as I have been about my life experiences, there are "things" that I will never discuss.
Maybe a better term would be that my wife gave me a direction to focus my energies.

My post was in response to moreluck's post. Steve Martin protrayed Navin R Johnson in the movie "The Jerk" in which he found out as a young man that he had a "special purpose".
I caught it:thumbup1:

DS

Fenderbender
Mine too and, no, it is not an autobiography.

Yea but Sat's is not one either.That little rant about cliffs and whirpools is but a slight peak
into the life of "the man that has done everything".From the dark dusty caves in the coal mines,
to the hot blistering heat of a Texas blacksmith.Sat didn't like the beatles before you liked them.
Abba calls him for advice when the sheep get ponchy.
The dali lama has his email.
He has freinds in another galaxy.
He knows what happened to Hoffa.
Don'task him.

satellitedriver

I know.
I tend to be a serious person and I think this 108 temp is starting to hard boil my brain.
Got great news today about tomorrows weather.
:knockedout:
110 and no rain in sight.

satellitedriver

Yea but Sat's is not one either.That little rant about cliffs and whirpools is but a slight peak
into the life of "the man that has done everything".From the dark dusty caves in the coal mines,
to the hot blistering heat of a Texas blacksmith.Sat didn't like the beatles before you liked them.
Abba calls him for advice when the sheep get ponchy.
The dali lama has his email.
He has freinds in another galaxy.
He knows what happened to Hoffa.
Don'task him.
I should have never told you that I have Hoffa's pinky ring in a drawer as a souvenir.
Expect a phone call this weekend.
Stay thirsty, my friend.
:happy-very:

klein

Für Meno :)
August 3rd, this day in history :

Patsy Cline gets a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Edmonton Commenwealth Games open

Mickey Mouse Watch hits the stores

Answers: 1999, 1978, & 1933

Last edited:

804brown

Wow, I thought this thread was going to speak about something significant on THIS day in history. Such as on August 3, 1981, that prick Reagan fired 11,000 Patco workers. Or on August 4 1997, the Teamsters went on strike against UPS. And considering what this new batch of rt wing republicans are doing to the middle class and working class, I hope we all wake up!!

hembone

Wow, I thought this thread was going to speak about something significant on THIS day in history. Such as on August 3, 1981, that prick Reagan fired 11,000 Patco workers. Or on August 4 1997, the Teamsters went on strike against UPS. And considering what this new batch of rt wing republicans are doing to the middle class and working class, I hope we all wake up!!

satellitedriver

Wow, maybe you should wake up.
Reagan "enforced" the contract that the employees agreed too.
The Union contract voted upon by the union employees had an agreed upon clause of no strike or walk off.
Reagan said come back to work tomorrow or be fired for breach of contract.
They got fired by their own action and disregard of the contract they voted in.
97', the effects of that are still being felt.
If you think that Republicans are your biggest threat, then maybe you should put on a fresh pot of coffee and open your eyes.

804brown

Wow, maybe you should wake up.
Reagan "enforced" the contract that the employees agreed too.
The Union contract voted upon by the union employees had an agreed upon clause of no strike or walk off.
Reagan said come back to work tomorrow or be fired for breach of contract.
They got fired by their own action and disregard of the contract they voted in.
97', the effects of that are still being felt.
If you think that Republicans are your biggest threat, then maybe you should put on a fresh pot of coffee and open your eyes.

Remember PATCO workers were understaffed at the time, forced to work excessive OT without breaks all while operating obsolete equipment. Basically their case was about safety. PATCO's biggest mistake was believing that Reagan would support them just because they endorsed him during the 1980 presidential race.

And yes republiecans are a big threat to our democracy they way they use extortion to get their way. They no longer believe in Democracy; they are the party of Plutocracy!!

satellitedriver

Remember PATCO workers were understaffed at the time, forced to work excessive OT without breaks all while operating obsolete equipment. Basically their case was about safety. PATCO's biggest mistake was believing that Reagan would support them just because they endorsed him during the 1980 presidential race.

And yes republiecans are a big threat to our democracy they way they use extortion to get their way. They no longer believe in Democracy; they are the party of Plutocracy!!

The over worked employees violated their own contract and paid the consequences.
Republican Plutocracy?
Yes, our government is run by plutocrats, but I must rain on your parade.
Here is a link that shows the wealth of our Legislative body.
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/25/your-senator-is-probably-a-millionaire/
Please note that most of the personal wealth is in the hands of Democrats.
Fact speaks loader than rhetoric.