this feels good

G

gman

Absolutly!

We really need to work as a team. One goal, one company. I know, Iknow, it sounds like I'm a brainwashed company man but we need to be realistic that everybodys livelyhood will be at stake this contract. Management can't afford for this to affect the stock price because that is their nest egg. Watch for corporate stock sales and that will tell you how they intend to negotiate. If they start selling when it gets down to the nitty gritty, they intend to take the union to the mat. if not, then they will be looking for an equitable agreement for all.

T

trickpony1

gman,
How would an average truck driver monitor corporate sales of stock and how early (6 months, 1 month, 1 week?) prior to July 31, 2008 would you suggest a wise person monitor?
I own stock and really don't want to lose my rear end.
Please advise in detail.
Thanks.

O

over9five

I plan to stop my UPS stock purchases mid 2007, and sell it all early 2008. If I want more, I believe it will be very affordable mid 2008.

T

trickpony1

over9five,
I got news for ya.
If you're buying stock through the payroll deduction plan with the 10% discount.....you can't sell it for three years.
They don't bother to mention this when a person enrolls in this progeam.

O

over9five

I did know there was a waiting period, but didn't know how long. Thanks, Trick!

G

gman

trickpony,
I get it off AOL. Click services, then click stock quotes, type in UPS and hit enter, click profile, in blue on the right column on the bottom it says insider trades. Click that. It shows corporate officer trades.

T

trickpony1

gman,
Thanks.
I use another ISP but I will try to figure it out.
Corporate sales of stock numbers may be something you want to post periodically around contract negotiation time so the readers can draw their own conclusions.

P

proups

gman: your site showed the management comittee either exercizing options (a way of getting more UPS stock), or buying stock for the most part....not selling off in huge chunks.

That would indicate to me a confidence in their portfolios.

G

gman

Contract is still three years away.

Start watching in about Sept/Oct of 2007. Thats when FedEx and DHL will start spreading fear among our customers.

Should my body hold up that long, thats also when I hope to retire. Trust me, I hope we don't have a problem. At $28 an hour, I wouldn't be to upset about little or no raise. I don't think that should be an issue. And part timers had better not be an issue this time either. No ego trips or defiant stands by either side. Just do whats right for all involved. And lets face it, that will have to include controling accounts payable.

And now off to the doctors to see if she can get me back to work.

T

trickpony1

gman,
I'm just a truck driver.

I'm not a Wall Street whiz.

Unlike some others, I don't live in a fantasy world and have blind faith in all things UPS.
Could you give me some pointers on how to interpret the info presented on the link you offered in an earlier post?

Perhaps between now and July 2008 I will be able to draw accurate conclusions based on an ongoing observation of trends regarding insider trading of company stock and not completely lose my rear end on July 31, 2008.
Thanks.

G

gman

Like all things finacial, inside trading is just a single indicator, not an all seeing crystal ball. I think when the time comes, we'll see how well UPS and the Teamsters are interacting. That will be just as big an indicator. It's just my opinion that if the big boys start bailing before crunch time, it may be time for you and I to cash out as well. On the other hand, if you do cash out, keep a close ear to the negotiations committee and jump back in if all things are settled early and equitably because I think we will have smooth upward growth for the next 5 years at least.

T

trickpony1

"...we'll see how well UPS and the Teamster's are interacting".
Where am I to get accurate info about that? Everything is a big secret at UPS and I can learn more at this website that I ever could from my Local.
Once something happens it's usually too late to do anything. I would like to be proactive when it comes to whether I am gonna lose my rear end.

G

gman

Well, if you hear the words "best, last and final" in a morning meeting
SELL
two_cents.gif
}