This generation

TheKid99

Could careless about a union

That is scary.. I'm thinking about this now because this older guy was so happy he's getting a job that has a union but my age group we say who cares? Lol.

My age group.. I'm in my early 20's we could careless about a union including me tbh.. as long as I'm getting a paycheck every week I'm good.. I feel like unions are getting weak and not putting themselves out there anymore.

My generation could careless. . My mom even agree and she works at Chrysler. Its the unions fault.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
The part timers would rather buy drugs with their dues money.

The full timers would rather complain than take action.

The customer doesn't care about supporting union labor, made in the USA, any of that.

Unions are like stars that collapse themselves.

Insaneasylum

Unions are necessary evil. My dad told me that once. He was a union member for 30+ years. They day this country doesn't need unions is the day you can trust all management, CEOs and politicians to tell the truth and be fair to there employes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Unions are necessary evil. My dad told me that once. He was a union member for 30+ years. They day this country doesn't need unions is the day you can trust all management, CEOs and politicians to tell the truth and be fair to there employes.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Or you could show up to work and do a good job -- knowing you won't be fired because you did a good job.

Unions aren't necessary anymore. Once upon a time they were, mostly for safety issues.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Or you could show up to work and do a good job -- knowing you won't be fired because you did a good job.

Unions aren't necessary anymore. Once upon a time they were, mostly for safety issues.
Yep, sounds like what I do every day and still hear how it isn't good enough. Ask management how secure in their job they feel without representation and collective bargaining, doing the best they can every day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm pushing 40 and when I entered the job market a couple decades ago I thought unions were unnecessary until I saw management treat an hourly employee of that company unfairly and it was clear that there was no recourse for the employee. It then became clear how important unions are. Look at UPS management if you want to see what happens to those not protected by a union. Constant givebacks and takeaways, crappy benefits that they pay a lot more for and zero job security.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Could careless about a union

That is scary.. I'm thinking about this now because this older guy was so happy he's getting a job that has a union but my age group we say who cares? Lol.

My age group.. I'm in my early 20's we could careless about a union including me tbh.. as long as I'm getting a paycheck every week I'm good.. I feel like unions are getting weak and not putting themselves out there anymore.

My generation could careless. . My mom even agree and she works at Chrysler. Its the unions fault.
Yawn... That's some real revolutionary thinking there. Come back when you're raising a family and you've moved out of your momma's house, son.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I've worked a couple jobs and you know there are some places unions are a necessary evil. UPS is one of them. In all my other jobs you were treated with respect and if you had too much work they worked with you to find a solution. With brown you get a too bad or figure it out. You may be young and a PTer who is only doing this as a college job. In that case union membership might not make sense. That's why I'm not a member. But if you want to make a career, union is your best and safest bet for a long, monetarily beneficial, and better career. But don't forget. Your coworkers are union and it has helped provide well for them. Just make sure if you screw up you don't run to the union crying for help. Or use teamcare, or vote on union contracts that are there to help union members. Because you're thinking about yourself and not the members who want it and have fought for it. I walk in, work, take my paycheck, and go home. I'll let the dues paying members get the benefits their dues paid for.

I can't believe I, a scab as some of you have so elegantly put it, just defended the union.

Sent using BrownCafe App

browntroll

in my shift i work with a few younger guys that dont like paying union dues, little do they know they are the same guys
that management would fire first. they come in late all the time, talk about smoking weed all the time, think its okay to walk
away when sups are telling them what to do(help someone load a pc)one guy just goes to bathroom to play on cell for 20 min
laying down on bench, but believes paying his union dues once a month is bs because they dont do nothing for him. same guy says
his uncles a driver and will get him driving within 3 years.