This is FedEx

RTURNSONLY

Today, we had a kind of long workgroup morning meeting due to a late plane due to weather.

As manager after manager after manager took turns to tell us what a crappy and awful job we are doing on safety, VIR compliance, how many staples are too many when turning in our paperwork, lates deliveries, SPH, sales leads, all-black shoes and not gray, on-time PUPs, sense of urgency during the reload, unloading of documents' crates after return to building, 1-hour obligatory lunch regardless hours worked, etc., etc., etc., then, when they finally quit talking, a peer curiosly asked the following question:

Are we doing ANYTHING right?

A few couriers starting to clap, (which they didnt like), for his bravery of standing up and asking THE question, and one of our younger, newer, louder, and stupier managers gave him this responce:

NOTHING! YOU GUYS AINT DOIN ANYTHING RIGHT!

So basically, we all suck at what we do.

Wow, so that's how FedEx treats its employees? What every happened to the SFA question: Does my manager treats me with respect...?

Now please, be realistic you manager Mr. Goofball. What does that do to the moral of the whole station? How do you think everyone felt? Him, and all our management team obviously can care less.

There you have it.

That is FedEx.

rod

Retired 22 years
That sure don't say much for your management team. I mean if " everyone of "you guys ain't doing anything right" it appears to be time to ****can the whole management team as they apparently don't know how to manage not even one employee. A stupid blanket statement like that will come back to haunt them many times.

Glorifiedpackmule

I'm gonna go ahead and speak on behalf of 59dano, FedEx4life, and whoever else sticks up for FedEx through thick and thin. Maybe it'll save them the time of having to post on this one. "You idiot couriers have no idea what goes on in this company. Blah blah blah.. You're lucky to be here blah blah blah ...Manangers don't make mistakes, couriers are just stupid blah blah blah.. Let's get together and watch purple sunsets through our purple sunglasses. It's so pretty.. Maybe If we ask Fred nicely, he'll give us purple and green rainbows! Come on everybody things are looking up!

hypo hanna

A few couriers starting to clap, (which they didnt like), for his bravery of standing up and asking THE question, and one of our younger, newer, louder, and stupier managers gave him this responce:

Wow, so that's how FedEx treats its employees? What every happened to the SFA question: Does my manager treats me with respect...?

That is FedEx.

That would of been a good time to publicly float the theory that the problems are a result of mgmt decisions. He's a marked man anyway for standing up in a meeting. Might as well go for broke!

GoodGrief

Today, we had a kind of long workgroup morning meeting due to a late plane due to weather.

As manager after manager after manager took turns to tell us what a crappy and awful job we are doing on safety, VIR compliance, how many staples are too many when turning in our paperwork, lates deliveries, SPH, sales leads, all-black shoes and not gray, on-time PUPs, sense of urgency during the reload, unloading of documents' crates after return to building, 1-hour obligatory lunch regardless hours worked, etc., etc., etc., then, when they finally quit talking, a peer curiosly asked the following question:

Now please, be realistic you manager Mr. Goofball. What does that do to the moral of the whole station? How do you think everyone felt? Him, and all our management team obviously can care less.

There you have it.

That is FedEx.

Sounds like you have some really stupid managers in great need of retraining. Or replacing. It's hard to believe stuff like this goes on.

Glorifiedpackmule

I found it hard to believe that stuff like this went on at stations other than mine. It's happening everywhere. I have no doubt that opps managers are getting it from the top as well. We've got a few good ole boy managers that have told us they're scared of loosing their jobs just like we are. How does that old saying go?? Oh yeah.. Sh** runs downhill. I Garentee this sh** is coming from someone way up the latter who has never seen the inside of a truck.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I found it hard to believe that stuff like this went on at stations other than mine. It's happening everywhere. I have no doubt that opps managers are getting it from the top as well. We've got a few good ole boy managers that have told us they're scared of loosing their jobs just like we are. How does that old saying go?? Oh yeah.. Sh** runs downhill. I Garentee this sh** is coming from someone way up the latter who has never seen the inside of a truck.

Time to sign those union cards and feed some of their :censored2: right back.

GoodGrief

It's ubiquitous at Express now.

You all keep saying it goes on everywhere, but I am surrounded by express field employees that are very happy with their jobs. That's why I said it's hard to believe it goes on and is allowed to continue.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Sounds like you have some really stupid managers in great need of retraining. Or replacing. It's hard to believe stuff like this goes on.

That's the kicker, it does go on all over the place. It would be different if it were an isolated incident, but it's not. I've been in a few locations and know people all over the country...the consensus is, there is usually one "good" managers (good being, actually trying to do their job and helping you do yours) and 5-6 "bad" ones (bad being completely useless and only out for the company and themselves). There are managers at my station, that have absolutely no reason to still be employed with the company....makes you wonder who they know or what they know about whom.

Goldilocks

That's the kicker, it does go on all over the place. It would be different if it were an isolated incident, but it's not. I've been in a few locations and know people all over the country...the consensus is, there is usually one "good" managers (good being, actually trying to do their job and helping you do yours) and 5-6 "bad" ones (bad being completely useless and only out for the company and themselves). There are managers at my station, that have absolutely no reason to still be employed with the company....makes you wonder who they know or what they know about whom.

I agree! Just like I have said many times, some managers have no buisness being managers and are ruining the moral at Fedex. We finally have a good group at our station but in the past its been terrible.

Goldilocks

There you have it.

That is FedEx.

What a way to start off the morning. Someone should have recorded the meeting and sent it to Memphis. Makes me sick....