This is Meat Speaking

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Only those people who's credibility as a professing Christian is as suspect as your's is. People whose conduct bring into question whether they worship God or the almighty dollar. Or is the almighty dollar their God?

I see. What conduct of mine are you referring to?

bacha29

Arrogance, Self Righteousness, the love of money, lack of humility Take your pick. That's not the Christianity I know. Anybody can call themselves a Christian but does it have a credibility?

59 Dano

Arrogance, Self Righteousness, the love of money, lack of humility Take your pick. That's not the Christianity I know. Anybody can call themselves a Christian but does it have a credibility?

Why is it that you only have a problem with ME being confident and not with yourself or any of the others? And do you like money, too, or do you use rocks as your favored form of currency?

dmac1

Why is it that you only have a problem with ME being confident and not with yourself or any of the others? And do you like money, too, or do you use rocks as your favored form of currency?
It's only those who claim to be Christian who are judged by standards of being a Christian.

bacha29

If I had an insecurity problem I would not have been able to see right through the false image you are creating and isn't there something in your bible about the dangers of doing so?. Your profession of faith is for one purpose and one purpose only and that it to create and project a positive public image.

59 Dano

If I had an insecurity problem I would not have been able to see right through the false image you are creating and isn't there something in your bible about the dangers of doing so?. Your profession of faith is for one purpose and one purpose only and that it to create and project a positive public image.

Yep, I'm really concerned about my image here on the internet, where I'm posting anonymously. Your knowledge of Christianity is about as thorough as your knowledge of anything else.

bacha29

Yep, I'm really concerned about my image here on the internet, where I'm posting anonymously. Your knowledge of Christianity is about as thorough as your knowledge of anything else.
And those "standards" typically reflect a non-Christian's idea of what a Christian is supposed to be.
If you were living up to those standards they wouldn't be called into question. Therefore if you don't like being required to practice what you preach and spend everyday in that self righteous spotlight and the public scrutiny that goes with it then stop proclaiming yourself to be a Christian.

bbsam

Staff member
A christian is supposed to be Christ-like. Christ would never profit from the labor of others to the point that those working lived in poverty.
Oh stop. Christians are sinners just like anyone else. Hell, sometimes sin is a lot of fun!