This is the creative solution?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
First off as far as I'm concerned until we have a contract our union should not walk away from the table. We pay dues for them to represent us. Second I'm curious to know how the cost of healthcare effects are Canadian drivers since they have universal healthcare there.

undies

I just know that I will vote NO on any contract that changes my current health coverage. Lord knows we all need it, PT and FT! This job requires the gradual degradation of our mind, body, and spirit!

saintrick

You have it backwards. The union's proposal was to move everyone from company plans to Teamster-administered plans. The company is willing to consider this as it would move the health care liability off of their books. Both sides are returning to the table the last two weeks of April to consider and review the numbers.

I'm not willing to shoot down any of the IBT's proposals until I've actually read them.

Did the union’s proposal not come as a response to the company’s reduced benefit, 30/60/90 move everyone to a company plan?
I have read in the other posts that the liability of healthcare is an issue. If the company really wanted to move everyone to a Teamster plan that would have been the original offer.
I am starting to agree with others that think UPS called Hall’s bluff.
I know we have talks scheduled for the end of April and will get more information I hope.
Do earning reports come out the last week of the month?

FAVREFAN

Did the union’s proposal not come as a response to the company’s reduced benefit, 30/60/90 move everyone to a company plan?
I have read in the other posts that the liability of healthcare is an issue. If the company really wanted to move everyone to a Teamster plan that would have been the original offer.
I am starting to agree with others that think UPS called Hall’s bluff.
I know we have talks scheduled for the end of April and will get more information I hope.
Do earning reports come out the last week of the month?

UPS will release earnings on 04/25/2013.